need lots of answers to stop the worrying - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need lots of answers to stop the worrying need lots of answers to stop the worrying

Unread 11-18-2006, 07:12 AM
need lots of answers to stop the worrying

Yes, I take 975mg iron every day. I have a prescription for ferrous sulfate 325mg & I take 3 along with a stool softener. You're right about all that iron putting the brakes on the bowels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2006, 07:23 AM

I had fibroids & prolapses (uteran, cystocele, & rectocele). I had chronic pelvic pain (every day with it ER-worthy for a week before my period through my period)...and my period was fairly "normal" (compared to a lot of the cycles I've read about here) but it was becoming irregular and heavy. Definitely caused chronic pelvic pain. Prolapses happen when the tissues that support pelvic organs weaken. It can be genetics, being overweight for a long time, and many other risk factors. Cystocele is when the anterior wall of the vagina...basically herniates and no longer supports the bladder...and your bladder ends up 'falling'. There are varying degrees of cystocele - for me, the bladder is laying over the entrance to the vagina and bulges out on occasion. Rectocele is when the posterior wall weakens and the rectum herniates into the vaginal cavity. Uteran prolapse is when the uterus falls from it's spot and in my case, was sitting on my bladder and pushing it even further down. In my case, the doc was able to identify during an exam because it was severe enough...but I know they're not ALWAYS identifiable in a simple exam. My doc would position his hands and then have me take a deep breath, hold it, and bear down...and then he felt all sorts of different areas...I guess trying to see the different areas affected. To check a rectocele, he placed one finger in the rectum and other fingers in the vagina and had me to the breath-holding and bearing down.

I don't really know what else to say, but I sincerely wish you good luck.

I would also go with the doctor who seems most attentive.
Unread 11-18-2006, 08:37 AM

I asked my GYN about the CA125 and she wouldn't do it because she said it was too unreliable. My thinking was if it was extremely high maybe someone would pay attention. But no.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2006, 08:42 AM

Jenelle- I am having pain that is "ER worthy" today. Ever since last night. The pain medicine isn't touching it. And I am shaking again, just like I was when I went to the ER in August. If I could I would go to the hospital and have it done today.
Unread 11-18-2006, 10:37 AM

I'm so sorry I know when I went to the ER and the urgent care clinic and even the regular doctors office...they tried to tell me that it was just normal menstrual pain and to take ibuprofen....HA! I'd like to see a man deal with this pain and then just take ibuprofen, ya know? I'd tell you that you should go ahead and go on to the ER...but if it's anythingl ike my experiences, you'll only sit there in pain and get no relief. Now 2 cycles that I had...I had severe abdominal cramping but also had HORRIBLE pain in my back...and it turned out to be a kidney stone. Another instance the family dr tried to tell me it was just normal menstrual pain and to take ibuprofen. Since when did ibuprofen dissolve kidney stones?? It was really weird though how the kidney pain seemed directly related to my cycle..i had the stone for a long time, but it only caused me pain during and around my cycle.

Good luck 50q
Unread 11-18-2006, 11:05 AM
safety of the blood supply

I went to the ER last Saturday where I got 2 units of blood for my severe anemia. I read up about it online before I went and the Red Cross website says that the odds of getting HIV from their blood is about 1 in 2 million! Don't be afraid to get blood if your doctor wants to give it to you. Before I got the blood I really didn't see how I was going to make it to my hysterectomy date (11/29). Now I am functioning again, shopping, cooking and doing light housework. Feeling stronger can also help you make better decisions. Best of luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register