Hurts to sit at the computer? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hurts to sit at the computer? Hurts to sit at the computer?

Unread 04-12-2003, 03:30 PM
Hurts to sit at the computer?

Is anyone else having trouble sitting at the computer? It seems to increase my pain and yet I rely on the computer to look up information and to stay in touch with people.

Just wondering if anyone else is having a hard time sitting here to post as well.

Rita

I think my belly is permanantly swollen...this is not a good month for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2003, 05:02 PM

That is your body's way of telling you to lay down and take it easy. Even when you sit, it puts a strain on your inscision. I found it helpful to walk a bit outside to get some fresh air in my lungs and let the sun nourish my body. I had mine done in August "99 and I actually sat outside with my pants rolled down so the sun could hit my belly and heal the inscision up faster. Check with Dr first though on that one!! I only sat out for a little bit, not like one would lay out to tan.

Your tummy will go down. It has actually been through a type of trauma and the swelling will cease. It takes a while so enjoy the excuse of staying in flannels or jammies!!!!
Unread 04-12-2003, 05:19 PM
Rita.........

Being post-op from my 3rd surgery in the last 10 months.......I can tell ya...the boredom factor definitely brings me to the computer QUITE often! If you just can't tear yourself away from the computer, try using a footstool to keep your feet propped up and keep the keyboard in your lap while typing instead of on the desk, this has worked for me. It's more of a reclined position and keeps the pressure off of your tummy. Hope this helps. Lots of 's

On the same note.............if your tummy keeps yelling at ya........it's time to lay down for a while, either with your heating pad or an ice pack.

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2003, 05:20 PM

I had TAH/BSO 3/13 and still have pain if I sit for too long. I can do longer spells of sitting now. Slowly getting better.
Unread 04-12-2003, 06:57 PM
I noticed the responses....

were from post-op people? I appreciate hearing how you all are handling the pain and the computer after coming home from the castle...I know I'll be here then to avoid boredom.

I was wondering, is anyone having too much pain sitting at the computer pre-op? I'm still pre-op and I have to be careful almost as if I'm post-op. It just seems to hurt so much all the time. My belly is also swollen. I noticed it changing the past few months, I ate less and less (mostly due to a loss of appetite) and the swelling remained. Then it was too uncomfortable to have any pressure on it. Then at the doc's office, when he did the exam, it hurts soooooooo bad when he put any pressure on my belly! I wanted to cry.

It hurts more when I sit up. Guess I just have to be more careful until I go to the castle.

Rita
Unread 04-12-2003, 07:04 PM

(((Rita)))

I'm very sorry that you are in so much pain now, before your surgery. I truly hope that it will ease up soon. Have you called your doctor? I know you said it hurt when you were being examined, but have you told him that it is getting worse and worse? What did he tell you when he was examining you?

I know it's Saturday night, but anytime you're in this much pain, you should call your doctor.

Please let us know what he says. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

's

Karen
Unread 04-12-2003, 08:23 PM
I am also doing the same and preop

Well I sure know how you feel. I work at a computer all day long and boy do I get to hurting. I sure wish I could stop eating though Suggestion what I do is take a nice hot heating pad and put in on my lower abdominal area and low back. Seems to help me. Also I take a pain pill if it gets really bad and sometimes drink some chamomile tea. That is a really nice soothing thing I do. I sure hope you get to feeling better. I know that I am very ready for my TVH this week. PS I was diagnosed with adeno this past February.
Unread 04-13-2003, 07:50 AM

Fussybird,

I misinterpretted that you were already post op. If you are having that much pain, you need to contact your dr. if he is not aware of this already. He may decide to change your pain meds or put you on meds if he hasn't already to get you through until your surgery. When is your surgery date????
Unread 04-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Thanks ladies!

I'm not set up for a date yet, but the receptionist said she'd get the insurance approval by Monday afternoon, so scheduling surgery will be soon. *crossing my fingers, praying, wishing on a star* lol

I talked with the receptionist Friday (and Thursday) she said that there wasn't anything they could do for pain. I've already got vicodin. They said the only thing that could be done was for me to go to the ER and get demerol, but then it would only work for 6 hours.

Is this how things are usually handled?

Rita
Unread 04-13-2003, 09:41 AM

All hospitals have different protocol for presurgical patients. Take the road you need to go to get some relief. I found heating pads were a great help to me and just staying focused and trying to be calm (yeah right!!) You have to do what is best for you on this one......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register