Need help! no sex drive | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need help! no sex drive Need help! no sex drive

Unread 03-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Need help! no sex drive

I had my surgery in oct-09 total hystrectomy. I didn't get to keep anything. I am on estradiol twice a day. Right after my surgery I still had a sex drive now I have absolutely none. I need help. My husband is being great about it but I would like to feel normal again and I think about sex and I want it but I can't get excited about it. Anybody else have any ideas that may help? I have also noticed it seems like i'm losing muscle tone and getting squishy (lol Thats all I can describe it as) is anyone else having this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Re: Need help! no sex drive

You're not alone, my libido is great, the "O" isn't. This is making me dread sex. I'm going to try some fun and exciting new things with hubby and I hope it brings the ol' me back again. I'm going to look into the toy collection, if you know what I mean, and use some stimulating creams.
Unread 03-17-2010, 03:04 AM

I wish I could help. So glad your hubby being good about it. Maybe time to see your dr to go over meds again ? Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2010, 05:08 AM

My DR offered me some testosterone for this problem-if it ever comes up for me-maybe you should ask your DR about it too?!? Good luck!
Unread 03-17-2010, 05:47 AM

Jonester, given time, I think you will see/feel it gets better. Mine sucked in the beginning also, now alot better. It's alot different w/ out the uterus contracting, but getting better everyday.

Sweet, how long after surgery was it til you got your sex drive somewhat back? How long til you went on hormones? How long after hormones was it til you lost your sex drive? I bet anything it's your meds causing your loss in sex drive also. I am two mths behind you, and I know for me, gaining wght has been a huge factor also, don't know if you gained weight or not, but just the whole body thing is alot. I think alot of us feel "broken" in someway also. Not saying you are, but maybe you feel more like some of that than you think and just don't realize how much it plays a part? I don't know, just suggesting. How long has it been since you had blood work ? I think I would go for another reevaluation. Have you meantioned this to your doc? What did they say/suggest? On the other hand, that is so great your hb is being great about it. My hb is diabetic, and he sometimes don't have the drive, seems like it is when mine is the highest, lol, but it is very hard to deal with. Very hard to understand it's not me. I can empathize with you. I hope you can get things straightend back out, if needed, get a second opinion. Many hugs and prayers
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:55 AM

about 4weeks after my surgery my sex drive was better than its ever been. then it just started getting less and less now i'm at zero. I asked my dr about it and he said the hormones would help and doubled those. My attitude is better but not sex drive. He started me on hormones two weeks after my surgery. So far I haven't gained weight yet but i'm sure not losing it. I feel so bad for my husband but I think he's getting used to it. He went with me to my last appt and heard the dr so he knows its not me or something I want to happen and I think that helped. I haven't had any blood work since before the surgery. is this something I need to ask about? Thanks for all the responses it helps knowing you're not alone.
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:59 PM

I have had blood work two weeks ago, my doc won't put me on any HRT because my dad died of heart disease. Doesn't want to chance it. I haven't been on any meds for a week. The first couple times sex was great, now after the fifteenth time nothing but him having the time of his life. Started having sex three weeks ago. My weight is the same in fact we are both dieting together. I'm broke and maybe the toys will help. I have a little one coming for the both of us, just to introduce the idea. Maybe he'll like them so much they'll be routine. Hope so.
Unread 03-18-2010, 06:17 AM

Sweet, yes, I would ask the doc to do some blood work. Also maybe ask for an FSH test, to see if your ovaries are working or not. I would think since it was great in the beginning and now declining, there would be an underlining cause.
Unread 03-18-2010, 11:12 AM

thanks horselover I dont have my ovaries or anything else so I know I can't blame those. I wish I could find something else to blame and a fix for it. my dr said he gave me a shot that lasted 2 weeks so thats probably why it was ok for awhile. I'm just frustrated. thanks for the ideas

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register