Feeling Too Good....Bad or Good? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling Too Good....Bad or Good? Feeling Too Good....Bad or Good?

Unread 10-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Feeling Too Good....Bad or Good?

I know I am to follow the resting and relaxing so I don't hurt myself. However, before my surgery I had to take Vicodine every day just to tolerate my pain. I had surgery on Sept. 23rd, just barely a week ago. My 28th birthday was on the 28th and I got to enjoy it just because I wasn't on any pain medications. Is it ok to feel this good?

I had Adenomyosis and Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. They didn't quite know how severe my condition was as they didn't find that out till they did the surgery. I had pain for 3 years and I was on Vicodine for 3 years. My uterus was so nasty looking when the doctor saw it she had to take pictures to show me. She was also positive at that moment that that was what was causing all my pain and she was right. She is the 3rd doctor I had seen about this issue and she wasn't convinced that taking my uterus out would help till after she saw it. I feel so good. I really don't want to set my recovery back any so I have been trying to take it slow but I just feel too good, is this normal?

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Re: Feeling Too Good....Bad or Good?

KimberlyAnn,

Congrats on being out of pain! Probably nothing could feel as good as not having to take a powerful narcotic just to get thru the day! How was your hysterectomy performed? Abdominally? Robotically?

I would venture to say that compared to your past pain, this pain is hardly noticeable, but there is serious healing going on. You are going to have to force yourself to take it easy because you will forget you are still healing. I don't think it's bad to feel good, you just have to be extra careful. I am not feeling bad at all, I've been up and walking pretty much since day one of my abdominal (not bragging, just saying). My husband has had to caution my just about every day to take it easy because I'm still healing, but it gets hard because you think you can do the things you used to do just because you aren't in crippling pain. Even with the cautions I've decided I know best and I don't LOL) and have ended up on my back for the night and some of the next day. Then I feel all better and do the same thing....duh, Becky, get a clue!

The only thing(s) wrong with me now are bowel movements are still hit or miss, feast or famine, bladder issues...seems to be clearing up though, and the area of skin above my incision is super sensitive and numb at the same time....weird.

My birthday was the day after I got out of the hospital, and while I WAS on pain killers, I was happy in the knowledge that once I healed I wasn't going to have to go through the crap I usually went thru when my period showed up.

Congrats to you, again, but please go slow or you will end up back in the hospital because you pulled something you shouldn't have!

Blessings,
Becky
Unread 10-03-2010, 03:46 PM

I know and I have been taking it easy for the most part only doing 1 thing a day that I know I shouldn't do. Can't go completely by the rules, have to have some rebellion in me. However, I did do as they said when I was in the hospital. I made sure to stay out of pain and just relax. However, the nurses may not have thought I was doing that. Cause I asked to get out of bed and use the bathroom an hour after my surgery because I didn't want to have a Catheter in and I wanted to show them I was able to go home. They made me keep it in for atleast 12 hours. Ohh well every nurse I asked if they would take it out. Finally at 1am they took it out. It was not draining my bladder. I immediately afterwords I went to the bathroom a lot.

Thanks for the answer its always nice to have an outside opinion.

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2010, 06:08 AM

I am 8 days out of my surgery, and I have never felt better! I have to keep remindng myself that my pain causing issues are gone, but my internal stiches ARE NOT! You just had a major surgery. I'm going to assume you had a TVH- which leaves no visible marking on the extrerior of the body. You look fine. You feel fine. But inside, you aren't fine!

Give your body the time it needs to recover from a majjor surgery. You can do certain things, but remember you have lifting restrictions for a reason!
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:22 AM

Just remember for the next 6 weeks (or whatever time frame your Dr gave you) that when you think you are Superwoman and can conquer the world that you need to sit back and relax. Naps are a good thing as they allow the body to heal. I like you was in pain for 3 years and on Vicodin for almost that entire time. I am now able to take 2 percocet (1 morning 1 evening) along with motrin throughout the day and be just fine. This is such a unique feeling for me and a very nice one.

Take care and allow your body time to heal. Pay close attention to the discharge paperwork from the hospital.
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:44 AM

Its such good news you are out of pain and off meds. And don't you feel vindicated that they found things so bad? I felt pretty good, too, although I'd had no pain before, so I know its hard to follow restrictions. But it's easier to prevent complications than treat them, so go slow. Then you'll still be feeling good when the healing time with restrictions is done. Congratulations on getting your life back.
Unread 10-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff35 View Post
...How was your hysterectomy performed? Abdominally? Robotically? ...
I apologize for not answering this my surgery was done LAVH assisted Robotically of which I had an allergic reaction to whatever came into contact with my skin. I broke out in Hives around my incisions, I had 4 of them, 2 on the left, 1 in my belly button, and 1 on the right. They broke out with water filled bubbles that were itchy with red circles. I still have the circles however, spray on Benadryl worked very nicely.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register