Symptoms of low estrogen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Symptoms of low estrogen Symptoms of low estrogen

Unread 11-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Symptoms of low estrogen

Just wondering what your low estrogen symptoms were. I scheduled an appt with my GP for Wed to see if that's my problem. I had these symptoms before my hyster and my gyno said it sounded like low estrogen, but he also said the real bad heartburn feeling would be too much progesterone. He did the hyster for fibroids and found endometriosis, so we thought it might clear things up, but unfortunately 10 weeks later it's back. He moved out of state, so I'm gonna try my GP and see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Re: Symptoms of low estrogen

Sherryz,
I'm sorry I don't have any answers to your questions. But I wanted to send you a hug and "bump" your post back to the top of the list, so it will be seen by more sisters.

I hope you find the answers you're looking for and have a successful doctor's appointment tomorrow!
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:16 PM

I don't know the answer to your question either, but I will be interested in watching to see what others say.

I am having mild hot flushes and get a little bit headachy a couple of hours after I take my tablet in the evening. Also I wake up most nights a couple of hours after I go to sleep all hot and sweaty. It takes me a while to go back to sleep, but after that I sleep right through no worries. What symptoms are you having?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2012, 04:39 AM

So I went to the doc yesterday and her solution was an anti-depressant and Zantac...So disappointed. She does think I'm having hormonal issues, but she also thinks I have some depression which is just making everything worse. She wants to try the anti-depressant just to try to level everything out. Not sure what I think about that. I think the reason I'm depressed is cuz I feel like crap and that if there's something wrong I want to know what that is, not just take meds that make me not care what it is. Yeah I have alot of stress in my life right now, but me taking meds isn't gonna change that either. Anyway she said just try it for a month then go back and see her to see how it's goin, not sure what I'm gonna do.
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:43 AM

I started antidepressants post op too.
I was regularly taking them every winter, they helped with a vascular disorder I have that gets worse in the cold.
But since my surgery I have been taking them year around. They don't make me not care about the problems, but I think they do stop me from crying uncontrollably about them.
No one likes the stigma that seems to come with antidepressants. It doesn't mean it's "all in your head". It's a tool to help you through a difficult time. And I have definitely found post op to be a difficult time.
Hugs to you, and hope you feel better soon!
Unread 11-08-2012, 12:29 PM

Hi,

My symptoms were: moodiness ( I was either crying or getting mad), vaginal dryness, zero interest in sex, headaches, and acne.

Once my gyno put me on the patch and we got the dose right it was quite a difference. I did end up going on Paxil too but that is more because of the depression about never having a baby.

Hope this helps!
Unread 11-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Symptoms of low estrogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by val243 View Post
Hi,

My symptoms were: moodiness ( I was either crying or getting mad), vaginal dryness, zero interest in sex, headaches, and acne.

Once my gyno put me on the patch and we got the dose right it was quite a difference. I did end up going on Paxil too but that is more because of the depression about never having a baby.

Hope this helps!
Doc put me on patch about 1.5 weeks ago. I still have zero interest in sex, headaches all the time and I have developed acne! My flashes are almost gone though. And I am not sure about the v dryness cause nothing can go in there yet.

Does it get better? I'm not sure how I can have dry dry dry skin and still break out!!!!
Unread 11-08-2012, 01:30 PM

My only symptom was hot flashes. I was put on the patch and it took a couple of weeks, but it did work.

I would get a second opinion about starting on anti-depressants, especially if you are unsure. The stakes are too high--they are addictive and can have side effects. I do believe they have their place, but I also think they tend to be prescribed too often. Just because you feel depressed, does not mean you have depression. Talk to another doctor, and be 100% sure before you take the leap. It is your health, and you need to be in control.
Unread 11-09-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atblount View Post
Doc put me on patch about 1.5 weeks ago. I still have zero interest in sex, headaches all the time and I have developed acne! My flashes are almost gone though. And I am not sure about the v dryness cause nothing can go in there yet.

Does it get better? I'm not sure how I can have dry dry dry skin and still break out!!!!
It does get better! I would say give it a couple of more weeks and if it's still the same you may have to go on a higher dose. I did and I could definitely tell the difference.
Unread 11-09-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherryz View Post
Just wondering what your low estrogen symptoms were. I scheduled an appt with my GP for Wed to see if that's my problem. I had these symptoms before my hyster and my gyno said it sounded like low estrogen, but he also said the real bad heartburn feeling would be too much progesterone. He did the hyster for fibroids and found endometriosis, so we thought it might clear things up, but unfortunately 10 weeks later it's back. He moved out of state, so I'm gonna try my GP and see.
Hi Sherryz,

I am guessing you are not on HRT due to the endometriosis? There is an Endo support forum here on HS that you will find helpful and supportive ladies. Endometriosis Support

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register