Kept my ovaries and things are being really wierd - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept my ovaries and things are being really wierd Kept my ovaries and things are being really wierd

Unread 03-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Kept my ovaries and things are being really wierd

Lolee,
I had my surgery same day as you and I too kept my ovaries I have not had mood swings but I have had bad dreams and sweating at night. I am taking Darvocet and I am thinking this is what is causing it. I dont take it during the day just Advil and I dont have the sweating during the day and if I take a nap I dont have nightmares. Good luck to you and I hope you these symptoms start to go away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 08:44 PM

I am so glad I read this thread. I was thinking I was going nutter. I had a TAH with my right ovary removed. I have been having some interesting nightmares and sweating at night time, moodswings and emotional. I didn't put 2 and 2 together untill I read this posting. The Dr never talked to me about my ovary "falling asleep" or not being able to catch up. Thanks so much for the info!
Unread 03-11-2008, 11:38 PM

I had the nightmares and night sweats my first week home from the hospital. I wasn't taking pain medication, so I blamed it on the anesthesia. I was back to normal by week 2.

I think my ovaries are still working. I had PMS symptoms last week when AF would have been due ... face breaking out, sore boobs.
Unread 03-12-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristitches
I am so glad I read this thread. I was thinking I was going nutter. I had a TAH with my right ovary removed. I have been having some interesting nightmares and sweating at night time, moodswings and emotional. I didn't put 2 and 2 together untill I read this posting. The Dr never talked to me about my ovary "falling asleep" or not being able to catch up. Thanks so much for the info!

Yah my doctor didn't tell me anything like that either, I actually read it on this site and that was the first I had heard of it. I did talk to my doc about it and she then confirmed the fact, but she didn't originally say anything until I specifically asked her.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register