Scheduled TAH TAH w/ possible BSO 5/13/13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH w/ possible BSO 5/13/13 TAH w/ possible BSO 5/13/13

Unread 05-03-2013, 10:20 PM
TAH w/ possible BSO 5/13/13

Had my pre-op today and got my surgery date. 5/13/13. I have to be at the hospital at 6 am for a 7:30 am surgery. Just to think a few short weeks ago a was blissfully unaware there were any problems. Dr. anticipates a 2 night stay and 6 weeks off work!

So now I have one week to get everyone's schedules organized!

I have not been nervous about having surgery until I actually got my date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Re: TAH w/ possible BSO 5/13/13

Getting my date made me nervous as well. You don't have long to wait and I think that is good (and an early morning procedure is a blessing as well). I had about 6 weeks to wait prior to surgery and I went back and forth between being nervous and being excited to get it done.
Turns out it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Recovery is going well and I am looking forward to a life without periods!
Best wishes to you!
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:38 AM

Your situation sounds a lot like mine. I wasn't at all concerned about the surgery or recovery though, just about the big ovarian mass and what it would turn out to be. My surgery and recovery went great - much easier than I anticipated after all the info I'd read here. I took six weeks off work and felt guilty for the last three weeks because I felt great and could have been doing some work. I enjoyed the summer vacation instead though I did kind of keep up with emails from home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2013, 10:49 AM

I had a long 8 week wait between finding out what the problem was and the actual surgery! I think the waiting was the worst part, too much time to think! I did spend the last 4 days giving my house a thorough cleaning and got very organized! Read as much as you can on here ! The info is invaluable! My TAH was 4/30... I may be typing this from bed, but I know these bed rest days will end! Chapstick is a MUST for immediately after recovery! Nothing else mattered. Get gas x and a stool softener and have them already at home. Trust me you will need it! My gas pains were so much worse than the pain from my incision! Make sure you have lots of pillows to use when you get home.
Good luck, and refer back here frequently! I lived on this site when I was in the hospital!
Unread 05-04-2013, 01:44 PM

I am 5 days post op from TAH/BSO I tell you so you are prepared this is the worst pain every add gas pains and constipation and it is horrible. Pain medicine is my best friend with gasx and stool softners. Make sure to get you a pillow for the car and if you need to cough.I don't mean to scare you just want you to be prepared because I wasn't my dr told me it would be no worse than my Csection and it is like 10X worse.
Unread 05-04-2013, 02:31 PM

We have the same surgery date and time! I'm going to start preparing mental as we as physically! Praying for you! Keep me posted!
Unread 05-05-2013, 05:47 AM

Woke up a 6:30 again this morning with all the thoughts running about what has to be done! I have known this date was coming for a few weeks and can't believe how anxious I am feeling!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register