5 weeks post-op and can't concentrate | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post-op and can't concentrate 5 weeks post-op and can't concentrate

Unread 01-15-2011, 09:17 AM
5 weeks post-op and can't concentrate

I am having issues with my ability to concentrate. I am not taking any pain medication anymore and I thought the "hazy" feelings were from the meds. I need to read something several times before I get it and I have trouble understanding conversations with people. Has anyone experienced this before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Re: 5 weeks post-op and can't concentrate

I'm not sure what kind of surgery you had, ovaries taken, left? Hormones can cause these things. I have a hard time concentrating and forget things a lot - it's my hormones, they are nuts right now and it's common for you to feel a little foggy. I'd tell your doctor if you are really worried and it's extreame.
Unread 01-15-2011, 05:19 PM

Im at almost 2weeks post op and have a hard time concentrating only take pain meds when absolutly need them. Its really frustrating cause Im in school(on break) and really want to go back to studying. Hopefully it will pass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2011, 08:06 PM

Yes, I did notice an inability to concentrate & I'm way more forgetful since my surgery. For awhile I couldn't even sit down to read a book,which is rare for me, as I love to read. That part has come back, but I'm almost 12 weeks post-op now, but I still notice that I'm way more forgetful than before the surgery. Our bodies are still shocked & adjusting to everything, it's takes a long time before our bodies & minds go back to normal.
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:06 PM

I hear yeah. I wanted to use this time off to make jewelry, but I can't seem get motivated. Part of it is that I can't get my sleeping schedule back on track. Just have to give myself time.
Unread 01-16-2011, 04:31 AM

I have had to start writing everything down day by day that either I or my family need to do, since I can`t seem to remember ANYTHING....

My husband had to drive our daughter into a sporting event yesterday and I totally forgot that I had told her coach he could catch a ride with them. He called about an hour before they were supposed to leave to confirm that he was getting a lift with them, and I felt like an idiot. Hopefully my memory will return before I go back to work or I will be in big trouble
Unread 01-16-2011, 05:41 AM

Thank you so much for the responses!! It is good to know I am not alone in this issue! I will talk to my Dr at my 6 week visit...there are many changes occurring and there is real comfort in knowing that there are many others who are experiencing the same things!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register