5.5 weeks post op and..... | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5.5 weeks post op and..... 5.5 weeks post op and.....

Unread 09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
5.5 weeks post op and.....

I still am spotting, not alot now but it keeps happening. One of my friends says hers stopped and week 3 or 4, so I am feeliung like a weirdo. My husband and I also did the deed, (once) and he said it feels like there is a string hanging down. I am just embarrased now. I go see my dr for my 6 week appointment 10/01, but afraid to say anything. I always have been so private when it comes to sexual matters...Is any of this "normal" ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2008, 11:46 AM

were you cleared by your dr to have sex? you have to be honest with your dr about having intercourse if you werent. since you were still spotting at the time, you might not have been healed enough to do that. i'm sure if theres a string/stitch hanging down, the dr will be able to see it and cut it. good luck!
Unread 09-26-2008, 11:55 AM

No I haven't seen the dr yet, but we only had sex once, and that was last night. No I haven't been cleared yet., but the spotting has been ongoing since I had surgery. It has lessend, but not stopped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2008, 02:14 PM

Dr's tell us nothing in the vagina for a reason. There is always risk until your doc releases your restrictions. As long as there has been spotting, there is a place inside of you that is still trying to heal...and the drainage from that healing is your spotting.

If he wasn't sterile when he entered you and his ejaculate wasn't sterile when it left him...and any of it was left inside....and you still have a wound that is still bleeding.... Yeeesshhh woman.

The string is probably a stitch coming loose. I lost mine at 3 weeks. Is mine normal or is yours normal? Are both of ours normal? I don't know.

You can't go back and un-ring a bell. BUT you MUST tell your doc what you have done and what your husband says he feels.

YOUR proper healing is at stake here.

My intent with the words I have chosen is to get you to understand that this is no time to allow your privacy to get in the way of truthfulness with your doc. BELIEVE me, they have seen and heard some really weird stories. Yours is a very common one, but he DOES need to know so he will know how to properly treat you if it becomes necessary.

You could begin by saying... I'm not sure if I did the wrong thing or not... but My husband and I well... we didn't wait. Now I am concerned and he says he feels something inside...and my spotting isn't any better, but it isn't any worse.

Does this feel like something you would be more comfy saying to your Doc? Taking out all of the normally embarrassing words may help, while still allowing your doc to know what happened and what to look for.

Hope this helped!

Please let us know how it turns out!!!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register