Scheduled TVH several questions about life after hysterctomy | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

several questions about life after hysterctomy several questions about life after hysterctomy

Unread 08-11-2014, 07:30 PM
several questions about life after hysterctomy

I have adenomyosis, I have pain with sex, is it possible it will go away after the surgery? I'm always exhausted, not just tired. Does surgery help with that? And finally had anyone also had a bladder sling done at the same time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Re: several questions about life after hysterctomy

I don't have a bladder sling. While I had almost every other symptom of adenomyosis, I didn't have painful sex. All my other symptoms, though, are gone -- horrible cramps, heavy bleeding, random pains, pressure on bladder. I was also anemic due to all the bleeding but my doctor said I should be able to stop taking iron in a couple of weeks. I feel more energetic every day. I'm 3 weeks post-op and so far, my hysterectomy. cleared up all my problems, and I'm very thankful.
Unread 08-12-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradybunchgng View Post
And finally had anyone also had a bladder sling done at the same time
I didn't have adenomyosis, but I did have a TVT sling placed when my TVH was done on 7/8. It's been amazing! From day two, I could tell there was no leakage when I stand, cough or sneeze. I used to feel that I had to pee every 10 minutes and that has gone away as well. It's so nice to feel like I've got normal bladder function back. Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2014, 05:29 PM

I didn't have adenomyosis myself, but there do seem to be more than a few women here who have had it, and it caused their cervix to be inflamed and quite painful when it was bumped during sex. More than a few women have said that having had their cervix removed meant that sex was fun and felt good for the first time. I'm sure some will chime in. :-)
Unread 08-12-2014, 05:46 PM

I had a tvh for adenomyosis. I definitely had painful sex. Towards the end it made it very difficult to climax because of that. I can honestly say it's been 3.5 weeks and although I have not had sex with my husband yet I feel great! I have never felt like this before so it's all new to me
Unread 08-12-2014, 06:54 PM

I had adeno, endo, cysts and found out post op, endocervicitis. I feel really great despite a few bumps on the road to healing. I had pain constantly. Although I have not been cleared for intercourse yet, I'm hopeful that when I am, it won't hurt and I certainly won't be bleeding afterward!
Unread 08-12-2014, 07:55 PM

I had focal adenomyosis, endo, adhesions and scar tissue.

After my hysterectomy life has truly changed for me. I had pain daily, sex was impossible.

I am a little over 3 months post op, and sex is coming along nicely, the pain is gone. I was surprised at how tired I was after the surgery, you will sleep and sleep some more. It is just your body's way of healing.

I did not have a bladder sling, but have noticed a huge difference in leakage. It has improved so much. My uterus was large and pressing on my bladder.

I wish you a swift recovery, I hope my experiences have been able to ease your mind a bit!
Unread 08-12-2014, 08:44 PM

Had adeno and a TVH, sex is much improved and much much more energy. It did take awhile though. I was bedridden with adeno and now I have my life back ! Minus periods, fibroids, & painful cervix, etc. bladder works great , but I didn't have any work done there.
Unread 08-12-2014, 09:35 PM

Thank you so much for the information, it is greatly appreciated. This gives me the hope I was wishing for!
Unread 08-12-2014, 09:42 PM

I'm having a little trouble replying individually, but thank you all for the info. For those who are post op but not cleared for intercourse, would you update me if you think about it. Thank you

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register