Aunt Flows demise! - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flows demise! Aunt Flows demise!

Unread 09-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

Im wearing them right now, with confidence! Its a beautiful thing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

I say.....GO FOR IT!!!!!!!
Unread 09-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

I was in the store last week trying to find a really small box of maxi pads. I'm so used to buying mass quantities at BJ's or whatever.

And everything has acted up in the last 6 months as I've gone down this road! Periods went from 30 days apart to 21. Stress incontinence worsened - that's why I needed the maxi pads actually!

I enjoyed reading everyone's first period stories.
I was one of those girls reading Are You There God, It's Me Margaret. Couldn't wait. I remember talking about it with other girls in 6th grade like it was some kind of delicious secret. I was 13 when I finally got it. My mom just said, "welcome to the club." Not in a joyous way. She must have told my dad, because he acted strange around me - it definitely changed the father-daughter dynamic.
And I never got to use just pads. Always needed tampons right from the get-go. When my periods got insanely heavy at around age 35, I thought it was normal. They'd always been heavy, that was just heavier. I mean, I actually thought it was normal to bring extra clothes to work, to always have a sweater to wrap around my waist, or to desperately wrap paper towels around my underwear in a public restroom until I could find a drugstore or get home (there's a technique to that you know, I was pretty good at it). Since I didn't have health insurance for about 10 years, I really didn't notice the chronic anemia, as it was taking over my life. Always tired, and hard to sleep sometimes because my legs tingle from lack of oxygen (did you know iron anemia mimics restless legs syndrome?).

Well anyway, blah blah blah...you all know the drill better than I

You should have seen the look on my doctor and the two resident's faces when I asked him if any patients ever requested to take their uterus home in a jar so they could dump it out and kick it around in the yard a few times for everything it had put them though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

I am so with you on this. I too, went into surgery with my period. My doctor laughed at me, cause I was mortified that the surgery date would have to be changed. I had severe endo (all in bowels, still), recurring ovarian cysts, suspected adenomyosis, and one small (any size is too big) fibroid discovered during surgery.

I had to start using tampons at 11 because I couldn't make it from the start of school to recess, or recess to lunch without an accident. My mother, who also had bad endo, refused to buy tampons for me, so I went and bought them myself. I think she wanted to deny that one so young could have that problem. but, fortunatley, because she did have it, I always knew, when I started having bad pain, NOT during period, what it was probably caused by.

My husband found some stashed tampons in the car this weekend. It has been just over 2 months since surgery. I didn't realize how many places I had them stashed, just in case. Time to round them all up, and give them away!

So nice to have it over, at least, mostly over!
(kept an ovary to avoid hrt)

best to everyone, life is much better after surgery!
Unread 09-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

Voo,

Lol on bringing it home in a jar! My college sophomore DS asked me a similar question!

One note: I had a TVH and did have a some bleeding for about 4 weeks. It was "heaviest" for 24 hrs after surgery. The nurses even said "Oh you had quite a bit of bleeding" I loopy on pain meds said "Oh, this is nothing, my periods were heavier!" Take some thin maxis to the Castle, their stock is bulky! Once I got home it was nothing a panty shield couldn't handle.

Hugs, and best wishes to all upcoming Princesses!

TVH 31 Jul 08, Appendectomy Oct 04
Unread 09-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

I LOL'd seriously at the uterus in the jar and kicking it around!

I packed up all of my tampons yesterday in a gallon baggy and gave them to my sons gf! She laughed and about it.

Ten days to go before it is a sure bet, I will not have this problem again! I have mussed up my sheets this morning and my sofa for pete's sake! It should have been DONE yesterday!

I don't see how anyone could ever look forward to starting their period when they were young. I had a sister and knew what I was in for. Then I am a fussy gal, I don't want anything coming out of anywhere unless it is a necessity and not once ever did I find the curse a necessity!
Unread 09-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Aunt Flows demise!

I never minded my period. I never once had a cramp or any other problems until the fibroids started. My best friend says it's revenge for all the times I never quite believed how bad things could get for other people.

I'm hoping the Provera puts things off for me. I'm not due 'til 9/20 (surgery 9/24), but I'm feeling a couple of little cramps today. WAH!!!!

Yah, I thought the same when the surgeon said there could be heavy discharge and bleeding. I asked how much - not any where near as much as my heaviest times of an ounce or more per hour, so it'll be a breeze!
Unread 09-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Aunt Flows demise!

Davinci, thank you for such a wonderful post!!! All of you ladies are wonderful! I really, really like the idea of a "Bon Voyage Uterus" party! Too bad I don't have time to plan one...
I hit the hospital Monday, and am excited too!
Unfortunately ladies, I will be buying tampons in bulk for years as I have a 14 and 18 year old girls.... Poor Poor hubby....

Thanks again for the smiles, anyone up for a Cosmopolitan?
Unread 09-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Aunt Flows demise!

I love the take it home in a jar and kick it around scenario. My boss asked me if I was going to keep my uterus as well (at the time I thought he was insane). How about taking it home and burying it in the back yard like some people do placentas. This has certainly been an interesting and amusing post. I think we should all meet up on the post-op side and have that dismissing Aunt Flow party online.

9 days to the castle and counting.
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Aunt Flows demise!

Oh I am game for a post op online party loool.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register