Incontinence issuse after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incontinence issuse after hysterectomy Incontinence issuse after hysterectomy

Unread 07-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Incontinence issuse after hysterectomy

Ive been haven a bladder issue after my surgery. Has anyone else had the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Re: Bladder issuse after partial hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbama View Post
Ive been haven a bladder issue after my surgery. Has anyone else had the problem?
sometimes i will just being standing then all of asund i start to use the bathroom. before i get to the bathroom.
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Unhappy - Incontinence issuse after hysterectomy Bladder issuse after hysterectomy

I had a partial hysterectomy on june the 18th its been three weeks after my surgery. Ive been actudently peeing on my self. at night i wake up in a pundle of pee. And i dont know why this is happen to me. it just started and my aunt wants me to call my regular doctor on monday but i really dont want to. I weither call my gyn the one that did my surgery. please help Im confused on what to do,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Re: Bladder issuse after partial hysterectomy

Hello tigerbama,

Call your surgeon. It sounds like you may have developed a fistula. The only way to know is to be examined by your doctor. He may do a test that will see if it is urine leaking from your vagina or if it's from your bladder. The other possibility is incontinence from your bladder being handled during surgery. Either way you need to follow up with your surgeon.

Unread 07-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Re: Bladder issuse after hysterectomy

I called my doctor today shes supposed to be getten back with me.
Unread 07-09-2012, 02:49 PM

tigerbama,

I have had a vaginal fistula after my partial hysterectomy in June of 2011, I had same symptoms as you are having...please see your gyno about this, I'm sure they will get you into to see an urologist... Please keep us posted, my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Hugs,
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:18 PM

I called my gyn doctor today and left a message. Im going to give it until tomorrow for her to call back. If she hasnt by then im going to call my regular doctor in the morning to see if he will refer me to someone. The peeing in the bed or when im doing stuff has stop. but im still going to call my doctor. I dont know if i have been doing to much around the house. so ive been taken it easy yesterday and today.
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I called my gyn doctor today and left a message. Im going to give it until tomorrow for her to call back. If she hasnt by then im going to call my regular doctor in the morning to see if he will refer me to someone. The peeing in the bed or when im doing stuff has stop. but im still going to call my doctor. I dont know if i have been doing to much around the house. so ive been taken it easy yesterday and today.
You know I do too notice a HUGE difference in my leakage due to how much activity is going on in my life...If I'm sitting and doing the couch potato thing...I don't leak as much, but I still leak, but if I'm active and doing things...its like gravity takes control and it comes pouring out....

This afternoon we went to the pool and I wear like a bathing suit short type swimsuit, to cover all my ugly scars on my stomach, but I inserted a tampon and it hadn't even been 10 minutes and I couldn't even make it out of the house without wetting my swimming shorts and having to change AGAIN!!! Very frustrating, but I'm refuse to slow down...LOL

Good luck to you and I pray that you can see someone this week and get some really needed answers to your issues!

Hugs,
Christy
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:36 PM

My doctor that did my surgery called me back this afternoon. She wants me to come in frist thing in the morning to take a urine test. plus I told her that Ive been haven pain again where my left ovary is. she said that shes going to do the urnie test first and then go from there. I just hope and pray that I dont have other cyst on the left side. cause the pain is like i have an other cyst. please pray that they will find whats wrong with me. cause this is embrassening and frustarted.
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
My doctor that did my surgery called me back this afternoon. She wants me to come in frist thing in the morning to take a urine test. plus I told her that Ive been haven pain again where my left ovary is. she said that shes going to do the urnie test first and then go from there. I just hope and pray that I dont have other cyst on the left side. cause the pain is like i have an other cyst. please pray that they will find whats wrong with me. cause this is embrassening and frustarted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register