New to Forum | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:22 PM
New to Forum

I am 30 years old and have 2 boys. I am having horrible periods as most of y'all know about. Talked to my doctor and he says most likely going to have to pull it all out. I am scared about how, when and most of all what type of emotional roller coaster I maybe in for; worse for my family. I am already very emotional and the pain is almost unbearable. My husband and I regularly argue every 21 days. I try to explain my craziness and pain but he seems to think I'm just a crazy biz itch. I'm not I'm so scared. I know women do it everyday but I've really never had any type of surgery except for having teeth pulled for my braces! 17 years ago. Help please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Re: New to Forum

Dear Desi:

I'm sorry to hear about your pain Do you have a diagnosis for your symptoms? Did you doctor offer any other treatment options?

I hope you will consider a 2nd or 3rd medical opinion to help with your decision-making. My doc #2 had much more cutting & pasting in mind for me than doc #3 did. Knowledge is POWER. http://www.givemeasecond.com/

I hope you are able to find the right answers soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:20 PM

I go to the doctor this Thursday to see exactly what's going on. I just know what my mom went through. I'm scared its my turn. I'd love to have more options but I cAnnot go through this horrid pain any longer. It's putting a huge tear between my husband and kids I just don't want to be bothered I go a week and once a month it's horrible I just have to get something done. Thank god I have a wonderful husband who allows me to act like a fool once a month but I cannot do this anymore. Something got to give. Ill keep it posted Tuesday.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2013, 04:29 PM

Good luck with your visit Thursday. I hope you are seeing a GYN, not just a family Doc. Ask lots of questions. Most of us who have been hit with the unevenly spaced periods and/or heavy bleeding have tried birth control pills or other hormonal treatment at one time or another. It doesn't sound to me like your Doc tried or offerred anything at all. That is really severe to resort to hysterectomy as first choice at such a young age. If they remove your ovaries you would go into early menopause and that can be way worse than PMS symptoms once a month! You would probably have to go on hormone replacement and that can be rough to adjust. I don't really think hysterectomy is the simple solution for you - could cause as many problems as it solves. Best wishes - hope you find better possibilities.
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:34 PM
New to Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochalatte View Post
Good luck with your visit Thursday. I hope you are seeing a GYN, not just a family Doc. Ask lots of questions. Most of us who have been hit with the unevenly spaced periods and/or heavy bleeding have tried birth control pills or other hormonal treatment at one time or another. It doesn't sound to me like your Doc tried or offerred anything at all. That is really severe to resort to hysterectomy as first choice at such a young age. If they remove your ovaries you would go into early menopause and that can be way worse than PMS symptoms once a month! You would probably have to go on hormone replacement and that can be rough to adjust. I don't really think hysterectomy is the simple solution for you - could cause as many problems as it solves. Best wishes - hope you find better possibilities.
It's been going on for a while and I'm keepin my overies my mom was the same age and my husband and I do not want anymore children. We're happy with our 2 boys we have. My doctor actually told me that he wouldn't take them out even if I wanted to. Everything's going great now and the pain is unreal while I'm on period

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register