Bladder Sling post-op question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder Sling post-op question Bladder Sling post-op question

Unread 08-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Bladder Sling post-op question

I'm 3 weeks post-op TVT-O and TAH. Wondering if it is normal to feel tugging and sometimes poking in the labia area? I'm assuming it is where the tape/mess is adhering and healing. It's not painful, but sometimes uncomfortable requiring me to "adjust" my position.

Also, due to the bladder sling, due any of you notice feeling "something" inside the vagina? It's as if something is in there "rubbing" causing irritation. This could be from the TAH and vaginal cuff, but it is hard for me to decipher as I had the two procedures together.

You're insight and experience would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 09:10 AM

I also had tugging feeling for a few weeks and would have to adjust how I sat. I also had the feeling in my vagina right behind my bladder that bothered me a few weeks. Mine went away except I still have what feels like mild spasms in the area where the tape should be. They don't hurt, but I'm just aware of them. I see the urologist that did that part of my surgery Monday and am going to see if that is normal and if it will eventually go away.
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:17 AM

Painter ~ thanks for the response. Will you please let me know what your Dr. says on Monday? I'm interested to know if this is just part of the healing process, which I imagine it is.

Thanks!

Has anyone else had experience with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 11:26 AM

Hi Jen,
I am 9 days out from the tvt sling procedure..I just last night told my hubby that it feels like something in the vagina..I hope this is not TMI but I looked with a mirror and see a small plum size bulge sort of..it doesn't realy hurt at all but i also have the short stabbing kind of thing you refer to. I placed a call to the dr's and of course they are out til next week..I think it is part of the healing and I still am rather swollen as well. My hubby reminds me that I also had that plum thing after the Hysterectomy and it went away after a few weeks. So I hope for a quick recovery for you. best of luck
Penny
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:47 AM

Penny ~ you hit the nail on the head! I've got the "plum" thing going on too ... feels almost like I have a tampon in, rubbing and irritating. Not necessarily painful, but rather annoying with alot of activity.

I'm so glad to hear that this is not uncommon. It just doesn't seem concerning enough to call the Dr., yet somewhat questionable. Guess those DH's do listen once in a while

Unread 08-17-2007, 03:38 PM

I had weird sensations where my TVT-O was attached by my vagina. It felt like there was something tight - and if I moved wrong or too fast that it might snap.

My GYN said that was normal - and it would "loosen up" a little with time - and I had to continue to find ways to readjust myself so I wouldn't have the pulling & tugging sensation.

It's been a year - and the only time I feel it now is when I do some specific types of exercises. I hope everything is oK with yours.
Unread 08-17-2007, 03:47 PM

Thanks Noni ... good to know that these feelings could last for a while.
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:30 AM

Noni..were you told that you should never do situp type exercises after your sling? Another lady who goes to the same dr as I told me this but I forgot to ask him. Also when were you allowed to start doing exercises?

Jen ..yes I feel comforted to know others have the same feeling...I hate to keep calling the dr with questions for fear they think I am a nut case..lol

Happy healing
Penny
Unread 08-20-2007, 02:50 PM

Huskerjen--saw my doctor today and he said that all of those feelings are normal. I asked him about my spasms and he said that was also part of normal healing and that my exercises and kegels could also cause them. I asked him if doing sit-ups or any other types of exercise were to be avoided and he told me no. He said that was why I had had the surgery to begin with, so I could be more active. He said I didn't have to come back unless I had any problems.
Unread 08-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Painter4
thats good to know..I am a bit of an exercise nut..so i am happy to hear that there are no restrictions on situp type..I wonder what kind of strain they put on the sling? When I had the hystectomy over 2 yrs ago there were no restrictions on those type..so just wonder why the lady I seen said you can never do them..well i guess the dr makes these assesments per individual.

Thanks for the info it is appreciated.
Happy healing to you as well
Penny

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register