Just have to share my good news | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just have to share my good news Just have to share my good news

Unread 09-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Just have to share my good news

Can't sleep right now - feeling so excited with the outcome of my surgery!!! I have had a horrible time since the birth of my son in early July - terrible bleeding (hemorrhaging), 2 D&Cs and then a hysterectomy 11 days ago (after changing doctors because my first doctor (who delivered two of my children) did not believe me. After surgery, the OR nurse said that my uterus was, "very unhealthy" and then said, "oh... I guess I should have not said anything." The next morning my doctor said that my uterus was, "very unhealthy," but she, "could not tell me more until the path report came back." Well, went for my check up today and looks good - all benign. My doc did not believe the first path report - said my uterus looked too bad to be benign so she made them run the pathology all over again and it came back benign again. My uterus was apparantly completely necrotic - I am so glad the thing is gone!!! At first I was very upset about facing a hysterectomy (I am only 35) but I just kept focusing on my 3 children (ages 11, 2 and almost 3 months) and the fact that they need and deserve a healthy mom and I needed to do everything I could to provide that for them. Now I can just focus on recovery and be thankful that I got someone to listen to me.

Just had to share my joy - thanks for reading!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2005, 11:29 PM

Congrats arod !! I'm so glad they did the surgery in time, before you suffered longer and any worse damage was done. Now you can enjoy the rest of your life trouble-free ! Happy healing - don't get too excited and over-do it.
Unread 09-27-2005, 03:20 AM

that's fantastic - doesn't it just put everything into perspective. You just make sure you don't do a super woman act as you've had a very hard time and need to heal properly. We all need to look around and be thankful because not everyone is so lucky. You enjoy your children. it's so wonderful to have all your fears allayed. God bless you and your family who must all be feeling so relieved with the news.
Jean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register