Bright red blood w/ BM | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bright red blood w/ BM Bright red blood w/ BM

Unread 03-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Bright red blood w/ BM

I can't beleive that just 30 minutes ago I was on here giving my situational advice to someone else about BMs....and the "BAM" moment happened that absolutely triggered one of the most horid emotional breakdowns that I have had thusfar.

Ever since surgery my BMs have had bright red blood along with them. But this time.....it was quite a bit more. I had a very hard time getting myself clean, I was in pain, and I worked myself into a a hysterical fit....tears, snot, red face, shaking, the whole bit.

I can't beleive things turned so quickly. One minute I was joking around.....now I feel like I should be back in the hospital letting nurses do all this for me. I just don't think I can do this for another 6-8 weeks. I feel like I'm never going to be the same.

How much bright red blood during a BM is too much?

Oh God.....I'm a wreck right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Bright red blood w/ BM

I am so sorry this is has happened to you. It is scary when something like that happens. Please call you Dr. that's what they are there for! I did have bleeding with a BM about 7 days out and it was a hemorrhoid. I knew I had one from the constipation. Luckily my surgeon called that very day with the pathology results and I was able to ask her about it. I used tucks for quite a while after that! I can certainly relate to the panic of the moment. Please give your Doc a call it will make you feel better.

Take Care,
Teresa
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Bright red blood w/ BM

Denise - Please call your Dr. she can help and she would want to know what is going on. I know you said she was away for the holiday? Do they have someone on call?

They might just reaussure you that all is ok. But with the fever and drainage it would give you such piece of mind to talk it over with someone. Also if something is wrong it's always better to catch it earlier rather than later.

I know you REALLY don't want to go to the hospital or call. I don't blame you because I felt the same way, but if I had it to do over again, I would have gone. My Dr wishes he had the 12 hour jump on all that happened. It would not have changed my outcome, but I would not have risked my life as much either.

Hugs to you......please keep letting us know how you are.

Starbgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Bright red blood w/ BM

Honestly....I don't have a clue to to call at this point. It's not like a private practice. It's a huge naval hospital where mostly all they do is deliver baby after baby.....they have tons of OBs on call all the time. They have one UROGyn and that's mine and she's gone. I don't know to trust the advice from just any OBGYN doc on call.

Also, even if I did call the OB/GYN in on call.....they would say go to the ER, which is the worse thing in the world I think I could do right now. it's just that there are only three people that know my case and they are all gone right now. I REFUSE to go to the ER. It's staffed mostly with students and residents that filter through there every four years. No one specializes in anything.

I know I've sung the praises of my doc and her immediate staff but at this point I can't help but feel totally abandoned.
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Bright red blood w/ BM

Sweetie, you need to get this checked out - however you can do that. Is the clinic an option? Please go. I promise you, things are going to get better. I'm sorry this is such a difficult time. Sending you hugs and prayers.
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Bright red blood w/ BM

Clinic is open tomorrow. DH had duty tonight (he's an active duty Chief in the USN.) He'll be home around 11:30. He has to change my dressing anyway so, I'll have him check it out tonight and again in the morning before he heads back to work. If there is still active bleeding, I'll go over there first thing in the a.m.

Just for the record.....after an hour+ my tears are just back to occasional tearing up. I'm no longer melting. Whew.....that was a rough one.
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Bright red blood w/ BM

If there's a lot of blood, as you say, and you are in pain, waiting until tomorrow is not a good idea. No one ever *wants* to go to the ER, but something like you are describing is a good reason to do just that. I hope you feel better tomorrow, but waiting until then may just make things worse.
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Bright red blood w/ BM

I took my pain meds and they worked so I do feel better. I'm going to watch for blood between now and tomorrow morning. If I have more, I'll be the first person at the Woman's Clinic at 0630 tomorrow morning. Odds are even if I went to the ER tonight, I'll be lying on an uncomfortable gurney until then anyway.....that's after about 4-5 hours in a chair in the waiting room. Navy medicine is good, but it's not necessarily swift.

You are right....I certainly appreciate the advice.

HysterHugs,
Unread 03-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Bright red blood w/ BM

Denise -

I'll be praying for you tonight I'm glad the meds made you feel better. You remind me of myself. I refused to go too!!! But remember, I regret being stubborn - so if it gets worse - no regrets - do what you need to do. I know you will make a good decison. But in the am call them 1st thing so they can fit you in!!

Hugs,

Starbgirl
Unread 03-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Bright red blood w/ BM

That's one of the blessings of having such a rare case in such a big hospital.....no appointment necessary. I just show up ask for the nurse practitioner and I'm in. :-) Sure beats, God knows how many hours in the ER.

Hugs right back atcha!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register