candida glabrata 2nd round of treatment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

candida glabrata 2nd round of treatment candida glabrata 2nd round of treatment

Unread 05-16-2016, 03:09 PM
candida glabrata 2nd round of treatment

I'm new here....first time posting!

Full pelvic prolapse repair with hysterectomy. Kept both ovaries. March 28, 2016. All surgery was completed vaginally. Had several complications during and after surgery. During surgery my catheter would not stay in. When Dr removed uterus my bladder fell out with it and then also got cut. Postop while still in hospital my catheter came out again. Disharged 3 days postop. Had so much trouble with catheter not draining correctly. Had to go to er to have catheter replaced 2xs with in the first week. At 7 days post op at home bladder and what I think is the urethra was cramping spasming so bad my mom and I removed the catheter ourselves with my Dr on the phone. Was what I thought to be at the time worst pain ever. Dr had me call her once I peed on my own which was several hours later. Had appt with Dr 8am next day. I woke up to pee in middle of night and could not. Every time I sat on toilet everything would cramp and spasm again. Got to Dr office 1 hour early they weren't open. Waited till they opened at 8am and was begging nurse to cath me because I could not pee not even a drop. Dr ran in did very quick ultra sound to make sure bladder stitches were holding which they were thank goodness! She cath me and immediately felt better. She drained almost 2 litters out of me! After that I was ordered to self cath every 2 hrs including during the night. My Dr said my kidneys work so well that I must keep up. At about 3 weeks postop she tested my bladder and said I could pee normal. Which is now at 8 weeks truly normal now!
I've had very minor itching inside vaginal canal which I thought was from stitches healing. At 6 weeks postop I was in a lot of pain on perineum area I thought I had ripped something. Dr diagnosed me with candida glabrata. I had a horrible sore inside vag canal on back side that was from candida glabrata. Started on 6 days of Diflucan and 6 nights of 3 day monistat. Most of the major pain was gone but not burning and itching. Feels like glass or sand inside my vag and horrible burning every time I pee and wipe. 1 week later (about 7 weeks postop) Dr examined me again and saw that it was not gone. I am currently on 14 nights of boric acid suppositories. Yes the same boric acid you kill roaches with! I've just completed night 5 of this treatment. I feel somewhat better but still itches and burns like crazy! Dr said I am to call her if after 7 nights I see no improvement. Not sure yet if I'll be calling her on day 8 yet. If boric acid treatment doesn't work then she will put me on ampherticin b which Dr said was a really bad drug. I looked it up and it sounds deadly!
I've had problems in the past with yeast infections but nothing like this. Anyone with any first hand knowledge of candida glabrata would be so so so greatly appreciated! I'm 35 yrs old with kids 14, 14, 4, and 2. With a husband that I think is so worried he doesn't even want to talk about any of this. He just wants his wife back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register