I'mmm Bacccck! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'mmm Bacccck! I'mmm Bacccck!

Unread 09-26-2003, 02:29 PM
I'mmm Bacccck!

Hello one and all, yes I am home. I feel like I have been gone for a month.

I was finally sprung from the castle at 2pm today. The King and his court we very accomodating and took very good care of me.

I know my sister posted an update the night of my crowning but she did not have all of the royal facts so I will do my best to set the record straight. I was in surgery for 3 hours, most of which was time spent trying to seperate my bladder from my uterus. They were not sure if they were going to be able to save my bladder. The good news is they did. My path reports had not come back so they don't know for sure about the cells but either way everything has been removed and yes I can pee on my own. To all the Ladies still waiting, yes the wait is horrible but for me the worst part was was my two day bowel prep. I thought for sure I would need a new poop shoot before I was done, sheese!

I have not needed anything stronger than motirn since the day after surgery but they insisted I continue to take dialaudid and torodal until yesterday. Gas, was the only real pain I was suffering from. It all collected under my insicion and refused to go anywhere until 1 am wednesday/thursday. When it came out (and it was loud) my nurse heard it while in the next room through two closed doors. Doug the nurse came running in and congratulated me on a well done fart. I was so proud and my belly felt soooo much better.

The wine was a big hit with my doc, she shared it with the entire surgical team that worked on me. I also took candy for all the staff on my floor. Boy was I treated like a celebrity, the wait staff fought over who got to bring my trays to me because they got to dig through the candy and have polite conversation.

I know this seems long but after 4 days in the castle I could fill a small book. I am tired and going to rest for a while so I will talk with you all later this evening.

my love to you all.

& s

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2003, 02:32 PM
welcome home

I hadnt been on long or much but i was looking for you!!Im glad to hear your ok and doing well..Will write more later..i have been on too long,LOL
Speedy recovery to you..
Love Kell Bell
Unread 09-26-2003, 02:40 PM
I'mmm Bacccck!

So glad you are home and have it all behind you! Congrats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2003, 02:49 PM
I'mmm Bacccck!

Welcome home, Donna

The boards just aren't the same without you here.

Glad you had a positive castle visit....now remember those princess rules so we don't have to send the pillow

Mucho os
Cat
Unread 09-26-2003, 02:51 PM
I'mmm Bacccck!

Yaaay! You're home!!!! Thanks for the candy hint~ I am instructing hubby to bring a big basket of goodies with him for my nurses! Also taking a basket to my preop appointment for the staff there since I have been such a teary-eyed mess the last few times I was there! So glad to hear another positive experience! PS...my hubby loved the part about the fart!!!

Huggge!

Kim
Unread 09-26-2003, 02:52 PM
I'mmm Bacccck!

Congratulations

So glad all went so well and you were able to go home with your bladder!!!

Take care and be a good

Unread 09-26-2003, 03:01 PM
I'mmm Bacccck!

Oh Donna,
I knew you could do it. Congratulations and welcome home.

Be good and get lots of

Can't wait to hear from you again.

Big soft s

Gail
Unread 09-26-2003, 03:48 PM
We have a new princess!

To Stitcher:
Hi,I'm patybear. I'm glad to see you made it to"the other side". I have to admit,the bit about the fart was kinda funny.Be a good princess,and rest,rest,rest.Glad you feel better.
patybear
Unread 09-26-2003, 04:05 PM
I'mmm Bacccck!

YAY your home

I'm glad it went so well for you.

I'd have congratulated you on a fart well done too LOL

Be a good princess now and rest rest rest!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSS

Carly
Unread 09-26-2003, 05:24 PM
I'mmm Bacccck!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! IT'S ALL DONE
Take care of your self and remember to Rest, rest, rest!
Atta girl with the fart! That made me laugh and Yikes that hurts!
I look forward to seeing you on line!
All my love,
Lorri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register