LSH/BSO and mini periods | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH/BSO and mini periods LSH/BSO and mini periods

Unread 05-21-2007, 08:41 PM
LSH/BSO and mini periods

Hi!
I saw my GYN today and she said mini periods were not uncommon and could last from 2 to 7 days! Has this happened to many of you and did they go away on their own? I did keep my cervix. I thought I was through with periods since I had my ovaries removed. I am on the dot .075.
Any information would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks,
Lizzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2007, 06:35 AM
LSH/BSO and mini periods

We had our surgery the same time (my LSH was 4/12) and I am anxious to see how many had/have mini-periods too! My doctor said 1 in 10 patients in his practice had mini-periods, but some of them went away after 6 months or so. He said I would know in the first 4-6 months whether I am one of the 1/10. Gosh I hope not, I could really use a break right about now ~ I had a nightmarish c-section recovery and after the LSH a bad 3 week bleed, also apparently not uncommon...hope to never see a mini-period!
Unread 05-22-2007, 02:53 PM
LSH/BSO and mini periods

Hi!
I hope to never see a mini-period either! I had not been told about such things before the surgery. I had taken my dh with me when I met with the surgeon so he could remember all the info I forgot. I was told how nice it would be to not have any more periods!
I almost died when my regular GYN told me about the mini-period possibility!
I also had a long bleeding problem after the LSH. I thought it would never stop!
I hope that there are no more surprises!
Good luck to both of us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2007, 03:26 PM
LSH/BSO and mini periods

I had my LSH/BSO in February and I haven't had any mini periods! I'm sorry that you are having them. Maybe they will go away like aplacidlife heard. I didn't even bleed after my surgery. I didn't even know I could have mini-periods with out my ovaries! I guess you learn something new everyday!!

Good luck! Elizabeth
Unread 05-22-2007, 04:11 PM
LSH/BSO and mini periods

i have no mini periods (but i kept my ovaries). my surgeon called them 'rare' and told me no one in his practice has them. i hope your bleeding stops and the rest of you ladies dont experience any.
Unread 05-22-2007, 04:54 PM
LSH/BSO and mini periods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodswife
I had my LSH/BSO in February and I haven't had any mini periods! I'm sorry that you are having them. Maybe they will go away like aplacidlife heard. I didn't even bleed after my surgery. I didn't even know I could have mini-periods with out my ovaries! I guess you learn something new everyday!!

Good luck! Elizabeth
Thanks Elizabeth
I didn't think you could have mini-periods without ovaries either. I haven't actually had one yet, I don't think. My GYN had just wondered if I had had one since the bleeding lasted for so long. It has now quit but it did last a bit over 5 weeks.
I'm so glad to hear you have not had a mini-period! That gives me hope! I really had no idea you could get such thing!
Thanks again!
Unread 05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
LSH/BSO and mini periods

Hi, I am almost 5 weeks post-op and have been feeling great until a few days ago. Finding myself Very emotional and today I started spoting a little.I didnt even bleed after surgery.. I still have ovaries.. I feel like im on my period!(only very little spotting.. before my lsh my periods were like an animal getting slotered) so i really cant compare. But not feeling good.. Can anyone help

Mel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register