Help.. post hysterectomy 16 days passing small blood clots!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help.. post hysterectomy 16 days passing small blood clots!!! Help.. post hysterectomy 16 days passing small blood clots!!!

Unread 05-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Help.. post hysterectomy 16 days passing small blood clots!!!

I had a robot assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy surgery on April 25th. They took everything out but one ovary. I have spotted since the first day but yesterday and today the blood color has change to bright red and I passed a small clots. My bleeding is not heavy but there is blood every time I wipe and on my pad. When I go to the restroom the water turn red in the toilet. I'm not in too much pain, a little pulling sensation in my right leg close to your groan area. I also have a sharp pain under my right rib when I deep breath or lay on my sides.

I don't know if any of this is normal but its scaring me

Please help me sisters...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Re: Help..post-op 16 days passing small blood clots!!!

Okay, deep breath. Try not to be scared. At 12 days post LAVH I started bleeding heavily and passing massive clots. It was in the middle of the night on a weekend so I went to the ER. I was afraid I had busted the stitches on the vaginal cuff, but I hadn't. I followed up with my own doctor first thing Monday morning and she said it was likely a small artery that had opened up. It's rare but can happen, and usually stops on its own. BUT, she said that any time you pass clots you should contact your doctor or doctor on call. I had done that first (called the doctor on call). So, I would recommend you do that. It could be different things, and although I absolutely know it is scary (I was terrified), try and not make yourself too worried. It's going to be okay. Good luck and keep us posted!!
Unread 05-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Re: Help..post-op 16 days passing small blood clots!!!

Thank-you so much for your response. I'm not sure it makes a difference but my surgery was through my bellybutton. I see my Dr. tomorrow so that's good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Re: Help..post hysterectomy 16 days passing small blood clots!!!

It shouldn't matter that yours was entirely laproscopic. I am sure your doctor will be able to check you all out tomorrow and make sure everything is fine then! Good luck!
Unread 05-11-2016, 07:46 PM

Totally scared! So went to the doctor today for my post-opt appointment. I told her about my bleeding. She wasn't going to check me but I told her my spotting is bright red with small clots! So she proceeded to check me and said that I had an infection and that's why I am bleeding because it does not allow anything to heal.
She put some and antibiotic up there along with some paste and let me go home and put me on antibiotics.
Has anybody else ever had this happen and should I be concerned? What is the chances this is the staff infection?

Im completely stressed out!
Unread 05-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Re: Help.. post hysterectomy 16 days passing small blood clots!!!

Yes, actually I have a bacterial infection on the vaginal cuff too and am on Cipro right now. It is unlikely that it is a staph infection, but I am sure they took a swab to verify. They did that for me. Just take your antibiotics and take it easy and it should be fine. I go back for a recheck Friday afternoon. I have been on the antibiotics for three days and I do notice that the spotting is getting lighter.
Unread 05-11-2016, 08:50 PM

How much bleeding were you having? Did your Dr put a putty patch on the area that was bleeding?
It's so nice to hear somebody else is going through this too!

Should I ask my Dr if they did a test to find out what kind of infection it was?
Unread 05-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Re: Help.. post hysterectomy 16 days passing small blood clots!!!

I had been spotting or bleeding enough that I had to wear a panty liner. I wasn't filling them up though. She did put silver nitrate on a couple spots, I assume that is what you are talking about. You can ask your doctor if they did a swab, but likely the antibiotics you are on should take care of whatever infection it is. Good luck!
Unread 05-12-2016, 07:26 PM

I ended up bleeding a lot last night and having to call the doctor. She had me come in this morning and she also put more of that Putty ( not sure what it is called) and more antibiotics. I'm on complete bed rest. She never did a culture but she said it was a bacteria infection. I also got bad news today my hormones unfortunately our menopausal. ( I guess I would say I have no hormones) The Dr had tried to save one ovary but the doctor said it's not working so I'm in full menopause at 40 ...

I just can't wait to be out of the woods! I'm hoping this works so I don't have to go back into the hospital.

Thanks again for all your help

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register