need to vent.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need to vent.... need to vent....

Unread 06-27-2006, 03:08 PM
need to vent....

I just finished reading the hyster sisters book...LOVED it! I noticed all the posts about taking it easy. I'm just kind of freaked out about all the "stuff" that needs to get done around the house. Today, because I'm having the period from heck and have anemia, I did "nothing" then I realized my "nothing" consisted of two loads of laundry washed, dried and folded, picking up, vacuuming, making dinner, unstacking and stacking the dishwasher, washing the bathroom floor...I think that's it.
I usually work Wednesdays and Thursdays in Massachusetts, but had to take last week off. I know what the house looks like when I get home...I guess I'm just getting overwhelmed by what I will be facing when I come home from the hospital. I'm a "recovering" neat freak that has finally learned to take messes in stride, but even I have my limits. Dh tries his best, but at this point, I'm not sure he really know what clean looks like I guess i just need to vent . Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2006, 03:40 PM
need to vent....

HAHAHAHA! I needed that one today. Ain't that the truth about all the "nothing" we do??!! You nearly made me spit out my pop over your comment that he doesn't know what clean looks like!!! So very true!!! My DH cooks all the time but he doesn't clean and trust me....there is a reason!! SCARY! Hang in there.
As you said.....try and relax the neatness stuff. You'll drive yourself batty if you don't. I did and it was not worth it. The cleaning will still need to be done when you're up to doing it. It waits for you
Good luck! We'll be praying for you!
Stef
Unread 06-27-2006, 03:49 PM
need to vent....

'It waits for you" Kinda like the axe murderer in those gory movies??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2006, 07:54 AM
need to vent....

Indeed it does!!! Serioulsy, REST REST REST and when you're bored outta your mind, go REST some more
I was extremely well behaved and I bought lots of stuff to make things easier on me...I healed perfectly and I'm so glad it's all over with and nearly a year ago!!

If you'd like some helpful hints that I feel REALLY helped me go through this journey....feel free to private message me and I'll be a good hyster buddy to you just like Sue was my hyster buddy. I needed her lots and she helped so very much! Always glad to repay the favor.
Hope to talk to you soon.
Stef
Unread 06-28-2006, 10:40 AM
need to vent....

Hi Val I can so relate to your post!!! I too ,am a recovering "neat freak" and really learned my lesson during my recovery..........one day (I was 5 days post-op exactly) I decided that things weren`t being done to my liking and thought' It wouldn`t hurt to wax the hardwood floor "(I have a LARGE living room and dining room ,all hard wood) I didn`t feel TOO bad after that ,so I decided to clean ALL the litter boxes (SIX of them ) and CARRY the bags out to the garage to be disposed of......Within TEN minutes ,I knew I had made a BIG mistake.......I paid for it for 2 days (I bled and was in a LOT of pain) and then and there decided my health and well -being was more important than a clean house!!! So for the next few weeks ,I lived with the dust bunnies and the dishes ,but we all did just fine!!!!! Learn to turn your head and concentrate on YOU and a healthy recovery.........You only have the one chance to heal and heal right...you`lll have PLENTY of time to do housework when your well!!!!!!! `s and blessings,Renee
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:11 AM
need to vent....

Don't worry... you will not EVEN feel like doing anything!!!

I'm 5 weeks post-op and I'm just starting to do more than folding clothes and dishes... Dr. said NO Vacuumming until I'm at 8 weeks post-op.

...There were days when I had to decide between brushing my teeth or sorta making the bed!!!
Unread 06-28-2006, 01:52 PM
need to vent....

I had my TVH nine days ago. There must be something about that fifth day because I, like an idiot, decided to clean the shower/tub. I didn't do a real good job and paid for it the next two days with pain meds and a heating pad. It just isn't worth it.

My TVH was a piece of cake and I feel pretty good. I think the hardest part of this whole thing isn't the waiting beforehand, it is laying around with too much time on your hands, thinking about everything (family, job, finances, etc.) and noticing how dirty your house is and not being able to do anything about it. To add to it, in my case I have no (visible) incision and look good, so everyone thinks I am fine.

You'll just need to lower your standards. I'm not happy about it, but I did.
Unread 06-29-2006, 03:08 PM
need to vent....

Sorry for the delay in replying. The provera started working so I went to work this week Some of these stories are a hoot...thanks for the laughs! I was thinking that I could say something like, "If you guys don't pick up after yourselves, I guess I'll have to *hire* someone to do it." DH is a bit on the ahhh frugal side...that oughta do it...LOL
Thank you all so much for the support! Val
Unread 06-29-2006, 03:38 PM
need to vent....

You will get over it after surgery. You won't have any choice but to sit there. When the day comes that you think you can do a little cleaning, you'll feel these sharp pains telling you "oh no you don't, go back to the recliner". Let's all just hope your DH can take orders well. Trust me, when you push yourself & do things you shouldn't be doing, you will pay for it. Also keep in mind not to do a whole lot when you really are able to do some stuff, or else DH will think you are as good as new & he no longer has to pick up any slack.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register