Uterus Ruined My Weekend | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterus Ruined My Weekend Uterus Ruined My Weekend

Unread 07-14-2001, 02:51 PM
Uterus Ruined My Weekend

Hi All:

We had a 3 day camping trip planned & last night I started to flood at 2:00 am. I did it again at 4:00 am & by 6:00am I was out of supplies & hubby was packing us in.

We had the weekend off but he went into work.

Anyone else have a hubby who seemed unsupportive at times???

I know he loves me but all this hyster talk I think is getting on his nerves ! :burning:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2001, 03:24 PM
I know what you mean!

Linda,
Dont feel back you are not alone.My dh is the same way.He has tried to be supportive in the best way that he knows how but it just isnt cutting it.Like you said i think all the hyster talk is getting to them.He has been very irritable(sp?) lately.I thought i was the one supposed to do that?I dont think he knows what to say or do to make me feel better.He knows what this has done and how it has made me feel latley.The other night i sat down and wrote him an e-mail that explained what i was going through and how i was feeling.I think that has help him understand.Its not that i cant talk to him but sometimes it is easier said in a letter then in person.Maybe you can give that a try.Hopefully everything works out.This is alot of stress on the dh's also as they see us in pain and cant do anything to help us out.It is hard for them to think of us not being there and having to see us in pain at home and then to go to the hospital and see us in pain there too.It will all be over soon.Just take a deep breath and let god guide you through.We will both be okay in the end.
Unread 07-14-2001, 03:32 PM
Uterus Ruined My Weekend

I can really identify with this one!

My DH and I had a fishing trip in the Ozarks ruined because of my constant, unexpected flooding. I was so weak that I could barely get out of bed. I stayed in the cabin most of the time, he fished - alone. What a bummer.

He has been so frustrated about my "female problems" over the course of the six years I've known him. It is hard on the DH's, because they want to do something to help, and what the heck can they do to make it better? So mine would always head off somewhere alone, just to get away from all the worry and frustration.

We are both so glad I finally had the surgery done, and am on the mend. One day this will all be behind us, Thank God!

-Kim in Iowa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2001, 03:55 PM
Uterus Ruined My Weekend

THANK YOU for the replies & the words of support.

DH just got home & has taken a shower & gone to bed (it is 4:00 pm in CA) & he is really tired after all my troubles last night.

I know he cares & will be there for me, it's just that we have 31 days until my surgery & as I grow more anxious he seems to grow a little distant & irritable.

Bless you all.
Unread 07-14-2001, 04:18 PM
Uterus Ruined My Weekend

Dear Linda,
My hubby has explained it this way to me: When I am hurting or upset, he, being the man, feels like he should be able to fix it. When he can't fix me, he just feels so frustrated and upset - like somehow he is failing as a husband. Not true of course, but it's how he feels. Funny thing in our family is that when I feel really, really bad I am the one to withdraw now! I just hate that I might be upsetting him! Anyway, give your dh some room, let him know how much you love and appreciate him and keep reminding him that things will be better soon! When you are up to it, offer him a neck rub just 'cause you love him! Hope this helps!
Take care!
-Pammy
Unread 07-15-2001, 05:35 AM
Uterus Ruined My Weekend

Hi Linda. I wouldn't be too hard on your husband. Anything about the female system baffles them. He is scared to death for you and trying to be supportive the best way he can. The men are facing the Great Unknown and it scares them. All they know is that we hurt and they can't help, and they have to stand by helpless as we have surgery. Men as a species have to take action, any action, and your husband can't. So he withdraws in frustration. He also doesn't want to burden you with how scared he is, you're going through enough, so he withdraws.

The thing to do is to express gratitude for anything he does, a cup of tea, picking up the kids, etc. Save the complaining for here! Girlfriend, we understand! In this way you won't scare him off and you'll both feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register