~CANDY~horrible thought!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

~CANDY~horrible thought!!! ~CANDY~horrible thought!!!

Unread 06-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Re: ~CANDY~horrible thought!!!

How funny! I was never a huge sweets lover and I still have no appetite...16 days post op. But yesterday for 'lunch' I had a diet pepsi and the remains of a bag of sour patch kids. And over the two days before that...I believe I managed to eat a whole other bag of them!!!! Shhhh! Don't tell my 8 year old DD that mommy ate ALL of her 'kids'!!! Lol!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2010, 08:09 AM

and to add to your horrid thought, daisy -- WHAT IF our surgery froze us wherever we were in our cycle??? what if my cycle-dial is stuck on the "don't-mess-with-me-i'm a raging hormonal @#***% today!!" guess i'd take the full-time sugary/candy/sweets craving over that, LOL!!!

well, i don't think that's what's happened, fortunately! i seem to have covered all the normal bases this month: the ups, the lows, the don't-touch-my-chocolate, the tears, the sore breasts, the everything, and plenty of "life is good!" too. here's hoping everything works out. i'll bet the sugar cravings are sheer boredom, ultimately.

all the same, my chocolate supply is gone. it's the only thing i crave, and now if i want more i'll have to get myself out to the store to get it. i'm still trying to figure out if it's worth it, so what's that say?!

great topic, have fun everyone!! all things in moderation!
Unread 06-19-2010, 08:37 AM

Last weekend i got it in my head I wanted chips with dip. Ruffles chips with philly dill pickle dip no less. My 6 year old pipes up to second the dill pickle dip but wants sour cream and onion chips...

*banging head on table*

Wouldn't you know it is the perfect taste combination. Sweet, sour and salty all in one.

Not to mention we've been doing take out and junk food a lot since I came home... So much that I keep craving veggies. *sigh* Then I cycle it with junk food again.

I just figured it was having been so careful since Oct for the most part and losing 75 lbs that now I am no longer doing it for the surgery that I was splurging before going back on track but if I am not alone I may have to be a bit more careful. Wonder how long this lasts?

I think I am going to impose the 3 day rule I did when pregnant. If I am still craving it and want it after 3 days then I will go get it. Otherwise it wasn't that important.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2010, 01:54 PM

How odd! My thing is walnuts & almonds. Never had a craving for them ever! Been eating them everyday for the last 6 weeks. And don't mess with my Dove dark chocolate!
Unread 06-19-2010, 05:21 PM

Try this one
Choc ice cream with cool whip and fudge browine choc syrup and nuts. I think it is the best breakfast I have ever had...lol I am now wanting cheesecake any kind will do. I use to only eat sweets only a few times a year. If I was keeping up and not wanting to cheat then it would be years until I could have something sweet again.
Really it is good at breakfast...
Unread 06-19-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga2sc View Post
Try this one
Choc ice cream with cool whip and fudge browine choc syrup and nuts. I think it is the best breakfast I have ever had...lol I am now wanting cheesecake any kind will do. I use to only eat sweets only a few times a year. If I was keeping up and not wanting to cheat then it would be years until I could have something sweet again.
Really it is good at breakfast...
That sounds like a wonderful breakfast!!!

I ate two slices of cake at a party today. My "excuse" was, my birthday is Tuesday...lol!
Unread 06-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Glad to see that the cravings are not just me - hopefully it will pass soon.
Unread 06-19-2010, 11:38 PM

on my night stand right now; gummie bears( I only like the red ones), toasted coconut marshmellows, you know, only the nesessities!
I almost had to kill my 25 year old son for taking my minature hershy bars with almonds, out of the freezer! Of course I only use those for hotflashes. (wink, wink)
Unread 06-20-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyforest View Post
That sounds like a wonderful breakfast!!!

I ate two slices of cake at a party today. My "excuse" was, my birthday is Tuesday...lol!
Have a Happy Birthday they can serve you that for your breakfast in bed.
Unread 06-20-2010, 09:43 PM

Mmm chocolate ice cream with real whipped cream, and a large strawberry... My hubbys contribution to my sweet tooth tonight,,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register