just about week 4 post hysterectomy and still in pain - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

just about week 4 post hysterectomy and still in pain just about week 4 post hysterectomy and still in pain

Unread 02-04-2015, 08:28 PM
just about week 4 post hysterectomy and still in pain

Thanks. You too. I dont sleep well at night either. My family seems to be not working well together tonight. I think my fiance is frustrated with how much there is to do. Hes not used to it. I take care of the house mostly before surgery. I think he is hoping for me to be better too. Hes doing his best but I think its starting to bother him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Re: just about week 4 and still in pain

I know what you mean. Everyone has been so helpful but I am starting to get the feeling that everyone is getting frustrated that my recovery is not as quick as they had anticipated. I am pushing myself as hard as I can but it is just taking a lot longer than I ever thought it would be. I guess all you and I can do is thank them for help and reassure everyone that we are doing the best we can, it just takes time. We can do this! I know we can!!
Unread 02-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Re: just about week 4 post hysterectomy and still in pain

I did just that last night and told him Im sorry I wasn't feeling better and I thought I would be by now. That I'm doing my best and I appreciate all he is doing. He said he knows and it feels rewarding to do more. So that's good. Ok, this morning I put my sweat belt on and it works really well. Glad to have it on while walking and driving. Not sure I love it when I sit. I hope you are feeling ok this morning. Mornings are always better for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2015, 07:29 AM

Yep I feel like I can conquer the world in the morning but give me a few hrs and the pain will take over..lol. I really hope the sweat belt helps you more today.
Unread 02-05-2015, 11:42 AM

How is the sweat belt working for you today?
Unread 02-05-2015, 11:53 AM

Hi, It's working very good. It wish I would have tried it out earlier. But, I had a few good hours this morning. I had to drive my daughter this morning to school, shower, I had 2 cuts and now I'm sore again. Back, tummy ..tired. Im having a salad, nuts and a glass of wine for lunch right now. I don't have to drive until 4 so this small glass of wine will help my muscles to relax. Then I have 2 cuts at 5:30. So I should be exhausted today. How are you doing this afternoon? Hows your day been?
Unread 02-05-2015, 12:00 PM

That's great that its helping some. I felt pretty good this morning but like you I had to get up and had a bunch of things to do then a meeting and helping a friend prep for a party Saturday. I was able to get a few bites of grilled chicken, steamed peas, and carrots down for lunch but the pain has gotten so bad it made me sick. I am amazed at how much my back hurts. I don't think I'll have the energy for much else today. When do you think we will turn that corner and feel like a new person like everyone else is saying they feel like? I'm so tired of being exhausted and in pain.
Unread 02-05-2015, 12:07 PM

I know. I hear ya. I hate not being my busy body, active self. Yes, I love my wine but I don't usually drink at 1. I'm just tired of the back spasms and pain in the tummy. I'm assuming with the items of food you ate, you aren't a big girl. The only reason I say that is cause I'm 5'2.5" and 132 lbs. I am 38. I would have thought with these numbers I would have healed faster. Idk. I know its a huge surgery but jeesh!!! Right now I could use a nap. But, one good thing hopefully...I ordered my wedding dress from Bulgaria and it's in. I just have to wait for the post office to call to let me know I can come get it today. Man, I hope it fits. I bought it too big so it should. I HOPE!!!! Course they are going to have to carry it to my car. Shrug.
Unread 02-05-2015, 12:48 PM

I'm bigger than I want to be but I do remind myself I am postpartum. I am 5' 7" 152lbs but I'll get back to my old weight soon enough I guess. How exciting to be getting your wedding dress today!!! I'm sure it will fit. Take advantage of the help while you can get it. I'm one to talk though...hehe. Oh my goodness a nap sounds so good right now. I wonder if anyone would notice if I miss an afternoon conference call or not, lol.
Unread 02-05-2015, 01:12 PM

I'm sad for you that you are postpartum. For your height and yes, postpartum you are a healthy size. I'm sad that you are going through such a hard time. I'm sure your family feels it too. I hope you are getting the help mentally and emotionally that you need to. Hugs to you. I love the idea of wearing my wedding dress on my wedding and not worrying about a period. YES!!!!!!!!!!!
We can wear white after all the healing is done. YAY!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register