feeling crummy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling crummy feeling crummy

Unread 07-02-2004, 12:56 PM
feeling crummy

I just wanted to see if there was anyone else feeling as I crummy as I do after 6 1/2 weeks. I started back to work this week and really feel terrible, ended up calling in for tonight. I thought I was doing so good but now I guess I've really pushed it to far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2004, 01:06 PM
feeling crummy

I'm only 2 1/2 weeks, but I wanted to send you a big

Is there any way you can ease back into work....possibly part time? That may be easier on you. I can't imagine going right back to full days after 6 weeks. I'm hoping to start back half days.

Northlights
Unread 07-02-2004, 01:07 PM
feeling crummy

Are you in pain? 5 weeks for me and this morning I couldn't touch the skin on my lower left side, it was hurting soooo bad. Called the doctor and they said that it didn't sound normal, but, use a heating pad and take some ibuprofen. I just don't think I should be feeling this much pain after 5 weeks. If it doesn't get better next week I'm to go in. Hope you start doing better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Oh poor you

Oh, I feel so bad for you. After reading this board and talking with friends that have had this surgery, I don't think there is a 'normal'.

The most important thing is to listen to your body, and do what you can, and rest in between. I have friends that said it took them anywhere from 4 weeks, to a year to get back to normal feeling. One said she is still having some numbness go away at the 3 year mark.

Be patient, I am thinking of you. Only you can say how you feel. Be gentle on yourself. Talk to your doctor, maybe he can write something that says you can do 1/2 days when you are fatigued. My ob/gyn said not to be surprised at how tired I would be, and that at six months I would feel pretty normal and have all my energy back.

Treat yourself and rest
Unread 07-02-2004, 01:23 PM
feeling crummy

Thank you all, guess I just needed to whine. Now I'm going to lay down since the kids are finally quite, oh no it's a commerical quite time over!!! Thank you again
Unread 07-02-2004, 08:57 PM
re:feeling crummy

I am at week 4 and feeling just really crappy. My incision seems to be burning quite a lot on one side, and my tummy is sore to the touch. I have found a little relief by gently wrapping an ace bandage around my tummy when I have to be up for very long. I am amazed at just how tired I get so quickly.
Hug to you. Have a good 4th.
Unread 07-02-2004, 09:33 PM
7 1/2 weeks post op

I go back to work this Monday and guess what I'm sure I'll feel like u do!

Stress wise I've felt crummy for 7 1/2 weeks now anyway.

I only work part time Mon to Fri but after being glued to the lounge and being so inactive going back to work willllll be tiring.

Are u in pain or maybe just 'overdoing it'.

I think u should pamper yourself a bit more princess and get more rest.

For my first week back at work I'm going to go to work - and rest from the moment I get home. I also have a cleaner to do the heavy housework in my tiny unit.

Blessing dear princess - I will pray for you. Huuuuuuuuuuugs
Unread 07-02-2004, 09:43 PM
overdoing it?

at 4 weeks and I am in some pain, mostly just this burning sensatioin near the incision, and the very tender tummy...I am trying not to take anything but ibuprophen, I have a history with substance abuse, and I told my dr. before the surgery. He hesitated when I asked for a refill of darvocet my 2nd week. I don't think he will give me any refills, which is good I guess, unless I really need them... I don't know. Now I am kind of hoarding them, thinking that I am really going to need them. I have a 10 day show/sales conference that I have to go to on July 10th. It will be long days, and lots of driving to and from.
Anyway, I think the Dr is hesitant because I told him I had a problem before (8 years ago)
I guess I am just not to good at being in bed, I don't have any kids, but feel like I have to be doing something. :artist:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register