Finally slept on my side last night! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally slept on my side last night! Finally slept on my side last night!

Unread 12-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Finally slept on my side last night!

I'm four and a half weeks post op. Overall my recovery has been pretty non-stressful. Other than being afraid to have a bowel movement the first week, and other than simply being frustrated at not being able to run and do things as I did before, it's been pretty easy.

One thing that has really frustrated me is not being able to sleep on my side and not being able to sleep in a bed. Finally last night, at four and a half weeks post op, I was able to get in bed and sleep on my side. I even turned over a couple times during the night. I've been too scared to sleep in anything other than my recliner up until now, but last night I'd had enough and marched right up the stairs to hubby and our bed.

I guess everyone on here was right, when they said that I'd know when it was time, and that when I was ready, I'd just get in bed and curl up. YAY! Best night's sleep in a month. Hubby said even he slept better just having me there with him :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Re: Finally slept on my side last night!

So looking forward to that night for myself.
Unread 12-11-2011, 12:30 PM

I found by tucking small travel pillow under my belly help me to sleep on side with no problems. Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2011, 01:16 PM

I had my abdominal done on Dec 1st as well and last night I slept on both sides without pain. Now, you can see that the saying different people different reactions is so true...
Unread 12-11-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat1357 View Post
I found by tucking small travel pillow under my belly help me to sleep on side with no problems. Cat
You are right ....I have a little pillow that I used in the beginning...it helped a lot...because all the extra skin is "hanging down" when you sleep on one side. This is why it hurts ....
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:50 PM

Will definately try the pillow. Crossing my fingers!!!
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Finally slept on my side last night!

I had my TLH barely 5 days ago. After a sleepless & miserable yet pain free night in the hospital, I got to come home. I tried my ****edest to sleep on my back, but that hurt worse then my belly did!
Thurdsay night I finally bit the bullet and rolled over onto my side. I would NOT have been able to do this without 2 things: 1. My Swelly Belly binder and 2. A body pillow and kidney shaped cuddle pillow. With the body pillow between my legs and the kidney pillow under my belly, I can at least score 4 hours of solid sleep before waking again to move or pee. Now if I can only figure out how to sleep a solid 8-10 hours a night.....
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:01 AM

Tried pillow, but not quite ready for side sleeping at this time. Either way slept better than I have in a long time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register