Surgery moved forward again,in on Wednesday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery moved forward again,in on Wednesday Surgery moved forward again,in on Wednesday

Unread 02-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Surgery moved forward again,in on Wednesday

Hi all,well,had a call this morning saying because of my now confirmed latex allergy,my surgery on 26th has been cancelled,as I need to be first in theatre (not sure why?).However,my surgeon wants me in this Wednesday!Aaaaaaaaaah!So the date has moved from June,to May,to 23rd April,to 26th February,now to this Wednesday!
Well,at least it'll all be over this week,but I'm sooo scared,my hearts pounding,I feel sick,dizzy,can't stop shaking.If I'm like this now,I don't know what I'll be like on the journey to the castle.The thought has crossed my mind to cancel,but over here in the UK the waiting list is usually really long,if I cancel I bet they'll put me at the bottom of the list.So I suppose I'll just have to pull myself together,bring out the brave face and get on with it lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 05:49 AM

Angel-eyes

I'll be praying for you as you have your surgery on Wednesday. My prayer is that all will go well and that everyone associated with your surgery will be guided by GOD so that you are protected.

What a shock to be moved up to a date that is just around the corner. Sounds like you have a great medical team because they want to minimize any risk for you.

Blessings on you .....
Unread 02-18-2008, 06:04 AM

Angel eyes,
I have my surgery the same day as you now. There are several of us on the 20th. You will be in my prayers. We only have 2 days to go. I had a "freak out" day yesterday because I woke up feeling horrible and had a fever. This morning, I am just a little congested but the fever is gone! Praise God! I feel much better now and looking forward to this surgery. Yesterday I was crying because as nervous as I am about it, I didn't want them to cancel. I am like you, if we cancel, i get put at the bottom of the list and I have waiting too long for this.
You will be great! I know you are nervous but your wait time has been cut so much and I do think the waiting has got to be the worst, now you can just get it over with. I agree with Renee, your medical team is putting your needs first which is great.
hang in there, we will all make it to the other side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 06:24 AM

Bless your heart, those are some big moves
As said, though, the dr is probably thinking of your health. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. May your surgery and recovery be smooth.

If you're still as nervous on the morning of your surgery, maybe your dr can give you something to help with that.

Hang in there!!

S
Unread 02-18-2008, 06:38 AM

Hi Angel im from the UK as well (scotland) and i hope and pray every day that my doc phones up with a cancellation date. My surgery is 6/3 which i had to push for after my endometrial ablation left me in so much pain over 12 weeks ago that life has kind of come to a standstill. Hope everything goes well for you, least you don't have too much time to worry over things. That's whats getting to me just now the waiting!!
Unread 02-18-2008, 06:46 AM

Angel-Eyes - my surgery is on the 20th also. You're in good company. I do think that this is a blessing in disguise. While you have less time to prepare you also have less time to be nervous and you'll be on the road to healing so much sooner !

Hang in there ! And I look forward to seeing you in the post-op forum very soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register