My Turn for Insomnia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Turn for Insomnia My Turn for Insomnia

Unread 05-19-2002, 02:26 AM
My Turn for Insomnia

Okay, it's 5:12 a.m. EST and I'm wide awake and have been off and on all night. (I went to bed at midnight, and woke up at 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. and, well, you get the idea.)

I have a headache, which is weird this early in the morning. I've also been dreaming of being in the hospital.

Tomorrow (Monday) is my pre-op and Thursday is the big day. I can't say I'm really nervous, just anxious to get everything over with.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of my Hystersisters. How would I have ever gotten this far without you ladies? I am so glad I found this site as early into this journey as I did.

Well, enough rambling, I'm going to go take a hot bath and try to get some sleep.

s to all,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2002, 03:41 AM
My Turn for Insomnia

Lisa,
Good day from a fellow insomniac. I know how hard it is when you can't get a good nights sleep. you should try and rest or nap so you will be ready for your big day.
Hope all goes well for you. If you are ever up late come and join us in chat, we are up at all hours and would love to chat.
Unread 05-19-2002, 08:10 PM
Fellow insomniac

Hi from another May 23 insomniac! Can certainly relate to your stress and insomnia at this time - my pre-op. is tomorrow also. Saw anaethetist today and was very relieved when he gave the ok for a spinal - I've been stressing a lot about that one; hopefully will sleep a bit better now! I have been taking meds. for my irritable bladder for months and they usually bomb me right out, but even they aren't working well enough now - A. man said I could double the dose for the next couple of nights or take a sleeping pill. Other than that I can certainly recommend my granny's remedy - hot milk with nutmeg sprinkled on top or if you prefer, hot milk with a good glug of whisky! Hope you have a better sleep the next couple of nights. Will be thinking of you, probably whilst I'm tossing and turning!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2002, 12:23 AM
My Turn for Insomnia

Hi Lisa!

Thanks for responding to my frantic post before. I, too, am in the land of the sleepless. Its 2 am central time as I write this and I wonder if I'll get to bed at all. I was up until 3 last night!

I hope all goes well with you're pre-op tomorrow. Mine is Tuesday. I wrote out a list of questions to ask and still have forms to fill out. And I suppose there will be more forms at the hospital.

I think I'm going to try some lavender oil ( I'm sort of into aromatherapy) in a warm bath and see if that relaxes me.

Nite!

Jana
Unread 05-20-2002, 12:33 AM
ME too!!!

I am not really having insomniaac like you all but am starting to get really ready for this to all be over. My house is getting cleaner and cleaner each day. I've got the walls all decorated now for staring to be made easier. My pre-op was Friday and the Doctor was really impressed with all my questions and sheets of hints and questions from this website.
I lost touch with you all somehow but looks like a reconnect has happened.
Glad to run into my buddies of May 23rd again.
For now,
Annie
Unread 05-20-2002, 06:28 AM
Hi May 23 Ladies,

Glad we reconnected. How are you all doing? Nervous?

I go for my pre-op appointments today (took the day off from work.) I'm sure this will all really sink in after this.

Just two more days and a wake-up ladies. We're all in this together! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you on Thursday.

s,

Lisa
Unread 05-20-2002, 07:37 AM
My Turn for Insomnia

Hi May 23 Ladies!

I managed to sleep for about 3 1/2 hours last night. My back is really bothering me and I'm having cramps, so I took 100 mg Darvocet. I'm feeling a little drowsy now.

Hey, what gives! I only get to meet my anesthesiologist once I'm in the hospital. That must be the 2 hours I need to check in prior to surgery. I do know the man, and he is good, so I'm not too worried. Sleep will be welcome.

Wow, this is such a neat support group! I'm thinking and praying about all of us!

I think I'm going to get some rest for a while. Its 9:30 am central. I cancelled my appt to color and cut my hair. I don't want to do anything I might regret in my state of mind!

Jana
Unread 05-20-2002, 10:27 AM
My Turn for Insomnia

I almost wish that I wasn't sleeping! I've been having horrible dreams every night - to the point that I am scaring myself right out of this surgery!

I'm trying so hard to keep a positive attitude - but I'm afraid these dreams are telling me not to do this now.

I am driving my dh nuts... it's "the surgery this" and "when I have this done that" - his attitude is "do whatever is best, I'll support you either way".

Argh - I hate being me today!
Unread 05-20-2002, 01:59 PM
My Turn for Insomnia

Hi Cyndi,

Its absolutely up to you, but I can say for myself, that as nervous as I am now, I regret having cancelled my initial surgery date which was back in February. We had some major stressful issues at our house and I wasn't bleeding too badly, so I called it off. Well guess what! The stressful stuff is still here (to a degree) and now I'll miss a family wedding and my own daughter's h.s. graduation commencement ( party later this summer ). So, I guess its never a good time to have these things done!

Ask your doc if he can give you something to help you sleep, which may help the cramps also. Last night I didn't get much sleep, but what I did get, I attributed to the 6 or so drops of lavender essential oil in a warm bath at 3 am! I slept more today with the help of pain meds I needed for my back and cramps.

Do you have a hobby? Or some light reading? I got out some old jewelry making stuff and made some really nifty earrings and a necklace and am working on a pin out of sterling and crystal beads. I might work on this while I'm recouperating as well. I'm so glad I found this forum. The support I've gotten so far has been great and I feel a lot calmer. Just take it a day at a time, a minute at a time if necessary.

Jana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register