This Site STINKS | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

This Site STINKS This Site STINKS

Unread 06-18-2004, 03:22 PM
This Site STINKS

i posted a message yesterday asking a few questions and introduced my self, and only ONE person, even acknowledged me?? what kind of site, can "pride" its self on "sisterhood" when you cant even acknowledge a new member? i guess i wasnt "worthy" of a response? so thank you so very much to the ONE person who replied to me and to the rest of you thanks for nothing=-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 03:30 PM
This Site STINKS

That's a shame that you feel that way.

Of course, the message you posted was in the evening, a heavy traffic time. Many people may have not gotten down the list to where your message was in order to give you a response.

Plus, you posted in the Introduce Yourself board, a lot of us don't go there because we feel that a Hostess will come by and give you a posting to direct you to the correct part of the board to ask the type of questions you have.

Sorry that you've had a bad experience here. Really, this is a very caring community - you just caught us in a bad light, I guess.

Please look around for other postings similar to your concerns and see if you find the answers you're looking for.

I've had times when a post of mine sat for close to 24 hours before people seemed to "find" it. This isn't quite like chat - it's not immediate response - sometimes you have to wait for the person who's had the same things as you to come along and have an answer.
Unread 06-18-2004, 03:31 PM
This Site STINKS

Hi,

Please don't feel rejected, I know it feels like nobody cares when you don't get a reply, but the posts come in so fast that they get pushed down the list really quickly. I did not see your first post, but if you did not get the answers you needed, post again, it just depends who is on line at the time!

xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 03:38 PM
This Site STINKS

Dear Wrinkledoglover,

I am so sorry you feel this way - may I give a short explanation to what I believe has caused the problem?

The postings on this forum move down the page extremely quickly and you're not the first to feel upset at not getting a response. If 20 people all post within a few seconds of one another then the first person's post automatically is relegated to the second page - it's that easy.

Please don't feel offended - even though it is easy to be. I posted a request to all the hyster sisters asking them to try to reply to those postings with no replies if they could. My request went down to page 3 in a matter of hours.

The Hyster Sister site is very supportive and I am sorry you have not found it so. But we are not perfect and as it is so popular and postings so frequent, I think admin should review the site's structure to address these technical problems.d

This is only my opinion - I hope it comes as some consolation.

Take care, and if you do wish to continue being a member of site, please be welcome.
Unread 06-18-2004, 03:39 PM
This Site STINKS

Gosh, Diana, I'm sorry your first experience posting with us wasn't a good one. Sanguiness makes a very good point that your post may have been pushed down the board quickly yesterday. I'm online frequently and missed it but just now went back to read it. I had a LSH done three weeks ago, mainly due to bladder issues that you describe; I kept my cervix. I am happy to report that the bladder issue is now resolved . As to the cervix, you will hear much debate on this; I decided to keep mine as I believe it helps with pelvic support (there are still arguements as to whether this is true). Please post again and often. I believe you will find much support here and will gather wonderful information to help you make decisions.
Unread 06-18-2004, 03:54 PM
This Site STINKS

I read your post and didn't reply,and just wanted to say sorry.I didn't have an answer for you but should have taken the time to say hello. I think that everyone is willing to reply if they have an answer,but so many of us are new that I think the princesses get bombarded.Hope you'll continue to post as these ladies on here have provided me with a great amount of answers and a listening ear.Good luck on getting the answers you need.
Amber
Unread 06-18-2004, 04:09 PM
This Site STINKS

Hi wrinkledoglover,

The site is great. Typically one or two people respond to a new member's post. To start a real dialogue you need to post in one of the forums such as post, pre, cancer, etc.

Remember that everyone is here for a reason...that is, we all have or have had medical problems. We are all "volunteers" helping each other.

I do know you you feel though...I wasn't sure anyone would respond to my first post! But once I realized that I could give as well as take the system made more sense.

Please try again.

Iphie
(also a dog lover but mine don't have wrinkles.)
Unread 06-18-2004, 04:09 PM
This Site STINKS

Oh please dont give up on the site *hugs* its full of wonderful kind people...i sometimes find i dont get so may replies but i think that depends on the time of day i post....maybe because of time differences or how busy it is. I dont know what i wouldve done without this site since i found it ive learnt so much and had lots of support.

So please try again

Unread 06-18-2004, 04:25 PM
This Site STINKS

Hi,

Along with the other ladies, I apologize that your post was overlooked. It wasn't intentional. Here you will find a wonderful community of ladies with no prejudices and no pre-conceived ideas about anyone. We are all women facing a difficult situation in our lives and looking for information, support, and a place to vent our fears and our feelings. No one person is judged "worthy" or not "worthy" of a response!

If your post didn't get the responses you wanted, it may have been that no one who was reading had experience in what you were asking, but knew that later on, someone else would be along to answer.

I have been visiting this site for over two years, ever since before my own TAH in May 2002. I do try to log on several times a day, but like most other ladies here, I have a life outside of Hyster Sisters. It's amazing just how many new threads can accumulate in just a few hours! There are just so many that it's hard to keep up with them all. Once they are pushed to the second page (and that takes about 20 minutes), a lot of ladies don't know how to access them from that page.

Anyway, please rethink your opinion of us. We'll honestly try to help you if we can. (You may also want to use the "search" button at the top of this page. A lot of ladies don't know it there's and most of the questions that are asked have been asked countless times before. The answers are just a "search" away!)

s,

Lisa
Unread 06-18-2004, 04:27 PM
This Site STINKS

Please do not give up on us! I posted a question and got no answer but I'm sure it was because no one knew the answer. But I love it here and need all my Hystersister.
Stay with us and post your questions!

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register