Sad Ending 4th week post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sad Ending 4th week post op Sad Ending 4th week post op

Unread 01-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Sad Ending 4th week post op

Ending my 4th week after a TAHLSO on December 1st. I wish I would have joined the site when I found it. I would have asked my doctor and the obgyn that did the surgery more questions and been better prepared. I was a little overwhelmed. It is nice to know that I am not alone.

Recovery has been good few bumps a trip to the ER because I was impacted and tried to resolve it myself. Which opened my incision up and it started to drain. I am allergic to adhesives so we could not use any band aids or tape. You would be amazed how you can apply maxi pads to your underwear! Worked like a charm. Moms get the best ideas! The incision has healed all but one little spot. I am a little sore and numb but for the most part everything is going well.

The only problems are emotional : crying, bad moods and sleepless nights are driving me crazy. Does it ever end?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Re: Sad Ending 4th week post op

I had a LAVH LSO Dec 10th and had the crying for about a week into my second week. I am very much on the sleepless train even with prescribed sleeping pills. Going to the docs tomorrow to what else they can do. I'm told I will sleep again but it sure doesn't feel that way. A lack of sleep may explain the bad moods.

Wishing you well and that sleep comes your way
Unread 01-04-2010, 02:23 AM

My curiousity is really awakened when you said you opened up your incision by trying to resolve the impaction yourself. I wanted to avoid doing whatever you had tried. Would you mind sharing it?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2010, 04:18 AM

I had spent all day trying to poop. I felt around and it was there. I tried helping things along. Won’t tell you how I DON’T WANT ANYONE ELSE TRYING IT! The ER Doc said either I Pushed too hard or I twisted too much. All I can say is If you can’t poop call the DR!

Mind you this was on Monday Dec. 7 that is a long time not to poop. I was worried about constipation and told the obgyn so. When I left the hospital after 3 days they told me not to worry that everything would be ok. No mention of laxatives, stool softeners, fiber, just told not to eat anything that would cause gas. Needless to say I was pretty full and in pain by Monday night. My reg DR put me on stool softeners the next am after the obgyn insisted I see her to have her check my incision. The obgyn is 100 miles away and I was not up to a long ride. Thank God they work will together. The thing that finally worked for me was the probotic yogurt and Benefiber. Drugs and I do not get along well in that area.
Unread 01-04-2010, 04:25 AM

I forgot I also stopped taking the pain meds and was ok with that. Tylenol every once in a while worked fine and the obgyn was ok with that at my 2 week check.
Unread 01-04-2010, 07:23 PM

Ok, gotcha. I also love Benefiber powder. Helps me so much too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register