Scheduled TVH Crazy Boss - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Re: Crazy Boss

I am hoping that your boss is usually very nice and understanding. While it seems like he can't fire you, he may be able to find another reason. I lost my job due to a worker's comp injury but they blamed it on something else. It may mean walking a real fine line here of being conciliatory and being practical that you can't do this. Hopefully you can explain to your boss or go to your hr department. If not, can you find someone else who can cover for you? Maybe another woman who might understand this more than your boss? Good luck and sending hugs for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2012, 02:39 AM

Thanks to all of u for your support. My boss has had to hire someone else and I have appealled to her she said she can cover one of the nights for me and my DP said he would go in with me and let me prop up on the couch in the office while he does all the work for me. He is really being supportive and my boss said that was fine for him to come to work with me.
Unread 04-20-2012, 06:21 AM

FMLA doesn't apply to every company and you have to meet eligibility requirements in order for you to be protected (Employed for 12 months and worked 1000 hours in the last 12 months). If FMLA covers you, make sure you and the doctor's office complete all paperwork in a timely manner.

In any case, it's best to work with your boss and/or HR so there isn't undue tension when you come back. Find out from your doctor what is the EARLIEST you could return to work, assuming everything goes perfectly. I had a TVH and my doctor said she would clear me at 2 weeks if I wanted. I stayed out for 3 weeks instead. Then tell your boss you will not be able to return to work before that date - and possibly even later depending on how your recovery goes. Maybe you could brainstorm with your boss to figure out coverage.

You are a valued employee - they will want to keep you. But sometimes they need help thinking outside the box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2012, 07:42 AM

Something nobody else really covered. It isn't only your body that won't be ready. You mind may be broken for some time. I am 2 weeks post op and the mental issues are as bad as the body issues for me. (I kept my ovaries.) I am not sure if it is an after effect of the anesthesia, the pain meds, the overall trauma and stress, the insomnia or hormones, but I am just not " right". I would be absolutely worthless to my boss and probably would make mistakes that would make it actually bad for my boss to even have me working now. I can not concentrate at all. Can't read and comprehend at all. I can't even follow a TV program. My brain is in a fog and every day I pray it wakes up. I have not been talking on the phone longer than 10 minutes as my train of thought is shot.I cry sometimes for absolutely nothing too.2 days ago I needed to type up an easy 2 page document from home. This normally would have taken 15 minutes to collect up the information needed and whip it up on my computer. It took me 5 hours! I kept forgetting things ( data) that I had just looked up and had right in front of me I had to get up and walk often, as the chair was causing me pain. It was obvious to me at that time that I was absolutely not going to be able to even work from home on small tasks for work for a while longer.
Unread 04-20-2012, 04:47 PM

I had my TLH, ovaries/cervix/everything on April 4th....I just came back to work today. 2 weeks after my surgery. I am 100% OK...I also have a sit down job...BUT...my doctor sent me with a note stating NO lifting/bending/climbing stairs at ALL at work. I have been getting up and walking around some today. BUT...I had a very easy recovery, no set backs. I think no one knows how they will recover...I for one thought I would be laid up for the full 6 weeks. But I instead bounced back with ease. Hopefully you will be as lucky. Best wishes!
Unread 04-20-2012, 06:31 PM

Glad to see that your boss is listening. I can tell you that I went back to work early and ended up in the hospital. Just because i felt better, I did something stupid and it ended up causing lots of problems. And it wasn't worth it because I lost this job that I was fighting so hard to keep. I am glad that you have gotten some help. Sending hugs
Unread 04-20-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathb911 View Post
Something nobody else really covered. It isn't only your body that won't be ready. You mind may be broken for some time. I am 2 weeks post op and the mental issues are as bad as the body issues for me. (I kept my ovaries.) I am not sure if it is an after effect of the anesthesia, the pain meds, the overall trauma and stress, the insomnia or hormones, but I am just not " right". I would be absolutely worthless to my boss and probably would make mistakes that would make it actually bad for my boss to even have me working now. I can not concentrate at all. Can't read and comprehend at all. I can't even follow a TV program. My brain is in a fog and every day I pray it wakes up. I have not been talking on the phone longer than 10 minutes as my train of thought is shot.I cry sometimes for absolutely nothing too.2 days ago I needed to type up an easy 2 page document from home. This normally would have taken 15 minutes to collect up the information needed and whip it up on my computer. It took me 5 hours! I kept forgetting things ( data) that I had just looked up and had right in front of me I had to get up and walk often, as the chair was causing me pain. It was obvious to me at that time that I was absolutely not going to be able to even work from home on small tasks for work for a while longer.
Cathb911 me too!!! I am 10 days post op and just now feeling like I am coming out of this "fog" or whatever it was. I test software for a living and there is no way I could concentrate on anything and do a good job! I had no idea my brain would be mush...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register