No Baths??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-03-2006, 06:03 PM
No Baths???

Hi All

I know that we are not supposed to have a bath or spa until 4 weeks, but I use warm baths as alternative pain treatment for my leg (RSD/CRIPS)

I know it says that everywhere I read, but I only had a LAVH...not the Abdominal Incision...does this make a difference?

All my outside stiches have come out so no probs there...I have no weepy wounds.

I am 17 days out from my op.

Anyone have any thoughts as to wheather it is safe or not to have a bath now?

Thx in advance

&
Roz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
No Baths???

I, too, had the LAVH and my dr's inital orders were for no baths for 6 weeks. Due to complications, it ended up being 3 months! So, before soaking, do call and ask your dr if it is okay for you. There are several different reasons why drs say no and only your dr will know what applies for you!

Best wishes to you!
Unread 11-04-2006, 06:31 AM
No Baths???

It seems to vary alot from dr. to dr. Some of the ladies have been able to take a bath from day 1. I had a TVH and my dr. said no baths for four weeks. I think alot of it has to do with how well you're healing, etc. I would definately call. It'd be well worth it if he says ok. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2006, 04:26 AM
Bath

Hi there...I was cleared for bath at beginning of 3rd week...Hadnt had 4 week checkup or anything, he just said OK ...I had LAVH kept ovaries...It was WONDERFUL! I think it really didi a lot for me mentally...Good Luck!
Unread 11-05-2006, 05:32 AM
No Baths???

Hi there, i was also cleared for baths at 3 weeks i rang hospital just to make sure, It was rearly relaxing when you can finaly get in.
Unread 11-05-2006, 06:22 AM
No Baths???

My doc said absolutely no baths until he cleared me at 6 weeks. However..I had a TAH...
Unread 11-05-2006, 12:25 PM
No Baths???

I took a bath on Friday. Had a TAH (5 inch incision) 2.5 weeks ago. I did not have staples or stitches outside. My doc did all internal stitches, luckily. My doc said that I could take a bath 1 week post op, but told me to BE CAREFUL GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE TUB! I waited until my dh was home from work then filled the tub with my fave bath product (Lush Bath Bomb). It was easy getting in, but I needed a little help getting out.

Not trying to give advice here, just sharing my experience.

Good luck,
GG

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register