Fear of the Bed... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fear of the Bed... Fear of the Bed...

Unread 01-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Fear of the Bed...

Yeah Becky!
I gotta tell you though, I did not have night sweats until I slept in the bed also...Strange huh???
I turn the ceiling fan on and lay on top of the blankets until I get really cold and then back under the blankets and wait for the nest round. Usually about 3 times a night.
Good luck tonight, let us know how you continue to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Fear of the Bed...

Okay, so it did not go so well. Bummer. I tried it without meds, shorted PJ's and damp hair. Thinking I would combat night sweats and nausea. Instead it was a night of discomfort and pain. Lots of slowwwww tossing and turning.

Long night, long story short...Hubby has suggested that we return to the couches.
Unread 01-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Fear of the Bed...

So sorry to hear that Becky.
The first 2 weeks of being "back in bed" I swtiched on and off from the adjustable bed back to my bed too. Especially when I had to lay on my back, I went to the adjustable just to know that I could get up from that position if I needed to. Keep trying, it does get better. Are you using plenty of pillows to support your back while laying on your sides? I used a pillow in front of me also to support under my stomach.
Keep us informed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Fear of the Bed...

I had the same problem... basically, I slept in the recliner for 2+ weeks. My bedroom is upstairs anyway, and I was told not to use stairs. I tried to use the guest room bed (downstairs) and got stuck - I couldn't lie down and I couldn't get up. My husband couldn't hear me from there, so it took a good 2 hours to get up and I ended up pulling out two staples doing it. =/

Once I had my staples out and started to feel like the incision was healing a bit better and my stomach muscles were a bit stronger, I did get into bed again. I had a stepping stool to help me in/out of bed. I used a *lot* of pillows. I had a heating pad for my back and neck (I'm usually a stomach or side sleeper, and I got sore from lying on my back). I only got into bed at night, so my DH could help me a bit if I needed it - the rest of the time I stayed in the recliner if I wanted to nap.

Good luck!
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Fear of the Bed...

I am glad to see others have challenging moments....but I don't have any problems getting out or into bed but I am having a hard time getting into a somewhat comfortable sleeping position I am a stomach sleeper which is impossible for me right now...(TAH on 1\14\08) does anyone have any suggestions? I try sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs and one in front of my abdomen and it helps but I usually wake up after arm or neck stiffness and have a hard time getting into any other postion... even on my side it takes time due to feeling pressure on my incision, flat on my back I can't do its very uncomfortable on the incision. I have been experiencing burning feeling on one side of incision and I spoke with dr. office today and was told to use heating pad ....so hopefully that will help with the pressure feeling when sleeping. so if anyone else has experienced this please let me know what was helpful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register