Scheduled TAH Where will you sleep? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Where will you sleep? Where will you sleep?

Unread 03-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Where will you sleep?

Another rookie question, I am afraid.

I live in a two-story home, where the bedrooms and full baths are on the second story. I have my office in the front of the house, where I could potentially have room for a bed, but I might be too tempted to hop on my computer to conduct work. Then again, it might be nice just to have my computer there to watch DVDs on. (I'm a photographer and have a nice large, snazzy monitor that is beautiful to behold, hehe.) I will likely be home alone after I get home from the hospital. DH will have to return to his duties, and DD will be out of state with my MIL. I'm trying to think in terms of where I should be to make it easiest.

Sorry for the ramble!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Re: Where will you sleep?

When I get home, I am going to stay a few days with my parents. I am a single Mom and need to plan on having help with running my son to school, soccer, art, etc.
I plan to be in a room with my laptop regardless where I sleep! I'm an addict!
Unread 03-09-2010, 07:49 PM

My bedroom is on the second floor of my house and the bathroom up here is currently under construction, so I have to either stay downstairs on the sofa (for whatever reason, I hate sitting in my living room or office), or go up and down the stairs for my potty breaks and meals.
I choose the latter over the former. I figure walking the steps is good to keep me moving and it's really not as difficult as you might be led to believe. I was a little slower at managing them my first day home from the hospital than I am now at day 5, but definitely doable!
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2010, 09:40 PM

I had a TAH about 6 wks ago and I was told by my doctor to limit stair use to one flight of stairs per day. Luckily for me my bathroom, bed and kitchen are all on the same level. I only had to use the stairs to go outside.

To avoid any complications in the healing process you might want to limit your stair use.
Unread 03-10-2010, 06:05 AM

We have a four level house. I'm still up in the air about where to sleep. Two floors are an option but either way I'll be having to go up and own stairs. On the main floor I have a couch, kitchen, and half bath. On the 2nd I have my bedroom and a full bath and would be closer to my children's rooms. The 3rd floor rooms are for my older children and my mom who will be visiting. So eat, be stinky and alone lol? Or hungry, clean and near others at night? Another concern is company in the bed if I'm in my bedroom. How do you avoid getting bumped and kicked by your spouse, partner, kids, pets, etc???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register