20/20 Interview with Celine Dion 02/01/2002 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

20/20 Interview with Celine Dion 02/01/2002 20/20 Interview with Celine Dion 02/01/2002

Unread 02-01-2002, 09:17 PM
20/20 Interview with Celine Dion 02/01/2002

I just viewed the Barbara Walters interview with Celine Dion. And they had an exclusive first performance of her new song which is all about her first child. I sat there bawling through out the entire interview as they showed footage of her little son from infancy to now.

Christmas 1999 I sent her a Christmas card with a note. She had been on Oprah and I had read tabloids about her desire to have a child. I wrote to her that she should go follow her heart, be with her husband and God would look over them. If a child was meant to be, it would happen. I told her she wouldn't have to worry about her fans because they would always be there, if and when she decided to sing again. Tonight it was disclosed that in 2003 she will be performing in Las Vegas 5 nights a week so that she can spend her days playing with her son and go to work nights. They are building a home there and the Las Vegas hotel is building a special colessium hall just for her to perform in!

I am so happy for her. But so sad for me. I never got to have any children. It just seems so strange that when I wrote her back then, I was still intact and capable of having a baby! And now I'll never have one. Good thing I am staying at my fiance's house still for recovery and glad he's out with his brothers tonight. (Not allowed to go to my house because I have large, young dogs who like to jump up & give me kisses.) If I were at home tonight, I'd be playing my Joni Mitchell "Blue" album. It's been my crying music ever since the 1970's.

Did anyone else see this special? Just wondered if other Princesses are blue tonight?

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2002, 04:01 AM

Hi Donna, I'm sorry you're feeling so blue. You'll meet lots of caring ladies on this forum who can empathize with your pain and offer lots of love and support.

And sending best wishes and more s
Unread 02-02-2002, 09:22 AM

((((((Donna)))))))

You have a warm and caring heart. It was very sweet of you to encourage Celine in her struggle to have a wee one of her own. It is incredible sometimes to think that big stars have the same heartaches and problems that everyone else does. It takes a special person to see the pain that exists. You are very intuitive when it comes to others pain.

It is ironic that you were comforting her while you yourself faced the probablity of never having a child of your own. I never had children either and it hurts to think I never will but the ache has lessened as my recovery continues. I know I can still have a family if I want one because there are so many children out there crying themselves to sleep because no one is there to hold them and tell them that they are deeply loved. Non traditional families are becoming the wave of the future , unfortunately. There are children that hunger for all that love you are willing to give.
You are a very sweet person and you deserve to be happy and fulfilled. If you want to be a mom there are ways to achieve that goal. I know you feel a great emptiness right now and I can't lie and say that it ever goes away completely. I still get weepy if I get around a bunch of children or pregnant women. There are many triggers as I am sure you are well aware of but we learn to handle them in a way which allows us to be sad when we need it but also makes us stronger to keep going.
Donna, if you have the blues, go with it. Have yourself a good try and then tomorrow wake up with a brighter perspective. Nothing is forever, nothing including heartache and pain. It will lessen, I promise you that. Be patient with yourself and most of all love the sweet person that you are!

Hugs and Prayers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2002, 10:44 AM

Thank you for your kind words & prayers, TinaMarie! Having pets that demand attention & care all the time keeps me straight most of the time. I am also a step grandmother which I absolutely love. But unfortunately, my fiance's son passed away 2 years ago and I don't get to see my little angel that much anymore. We last had her for Valentine's day as she is being raised by her other grandparents. Due to all my medical problems last year, my fiance didn't think want me doing too much as his granddaughter leans on me for her comforting. I do hope that sometime soon this year we'll be able to have her for a Saturday or Sunday and do the kind of outings we've done in the past.

Have a great weekend and thanks again for your reply.

Donna
Unread 02-02-2002, 04:27 PM

I also saw the Celine Dieon interview last night. I have been a fan of hers for many years.

While I am happy for her being able to have her child, I also am very sad for the many women for whom invitro procedures are not a possibility either because of health problems or simply not having the financial resources to pursue this option. I am very involved with Elizabeth Ministries at my church. This ministry is involved with all areas of childbirth (birth, miscarriage, adoption, infant and child death, etc.), and I see as many sad stories as happy ones. I have been fortunate in having 2 healthy children who are now in their 20's. I only now realize how fortunate I have been - this is something I took for granted most of my life. I keep the ladies who have not been as fortunate as myself in my prayers at all times.

God be with you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register