11 days post-op, 1st day back to school | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 days post-op, 1st day back to school 11 days post-op, 1st day back to school

Unread 04-01-2008, 01:47 AM
11 days post-op, 1st day back to school

So, my spring break recovery marathon has come to an end. I had to return to college today. I still have a 20 pound max weight lift limit, so I had my son take my backpack and see what all I could take in my backpack. One of my book weighs about 5 pounds! I can take everything I need and either one textbook per day or my laptop and still be within my 20 pound limit. So that's good. My first two classes are right next to each other and my labs are in the building right next to those classes. So it's pretty easy.

I was kind of sore today when I got home. It really wasn't my incisions that bothered me. It was kind of just like achy pain in my pelvis region. I came home, took 1000mg. of Ibuprofin (it's really not that much for me...I was in the military and motrin was their cure-all...so my body has become weakened to its strength) and laid down with my heating pad for about an hour until I had to go back to my other job title of mom.

I still have some insomnia, but I did manage to get about 4 hours of sleep in one stretch last night and I don't have to wake up until 8:30 in the morning to get to my first class at 11:00.

I haven't found the courage to try on jeans yet, so I am still in exercise pants...comfy. I did have an episode this morning, after my shower and everything, my ankles REALLY itched!!! I was going crazy! I put some hydrocortizone cream on it and took a couple benadryl. They are these red circles, clear inside...not ringworm...I know what those look like. It's just weird. Not Lyme either (to early for that here anyway....got 5 inches of snow yesterday!!! ) They are going away though...no more itching.

So, that was my day. Hopefully I have enough homework to make me tired...I'm shooting for 6 hours of sleep tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 07:25 AM

Hi Biochem2009
Bless your heart, you're juggling a lot there. Sounds like you're planning well and being careful. I hope everything goes well and you can continue to increase the hours of sleep at night.

I'm not sure what the itching and redness would be, other than the circles almost sound like hives. My dd just graduated from college and this last quarter she started breaking out in hives, on her feet and ankles every night before her grad class. Just a thought for you. I hope they don't come back. Continue to rest whenever you get the chance, you're still very early on in your recovery. Keep us posted on your progress.
's, Rita
Unread 04-01-2008, 01:33 PM

When don't we all juggle a lot?? LOL But yes, I have been accused my my regular doctor of having a very full plate. I've never had hives before, but I guess they could have been...going back to school after the surgery and all. Unfortunately...I don't graduate until next year

I slept for 6 hours straight last night!!! Maybe I just needed to go back to school to get some sleep! I tried crosswords and everything during my recovery. I even studied for my LSAT which isn't until December!!! Now that's desperation! I hate studying for that thing! LOL

Today is a little better at school...I think just because I am more rested. I will keep you all posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 03:24 PM

Hello! I am also back to classes- I am in bar review lectures. Don't you find the sitting uncomfortable? To me, that's the worst part, sitting upright puts terrible pressure on my incision (I had an abdominal Hyst) and then I have a long drive to & from school.
This is another reason why I couldn't fathom returning to work yet, even though I have a desk job- sitting is just not good right now, my body needs to lay down often during the day.
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:13 PM

Aren't bar review lectures longer than a typical one hour class though? I am able to relax a bit in my seats so I'm not completely upright. I also had an LSH...I can only imagine how uncomfortable I would be if I had an abdominal hyst! I wouldn't want to go back to work either!

Today I didn't really feel the need to lie down after school like I did yesterday, but I only had two classes today and no lab. Yesterday I had two classes and a lab intro (BORING! I hate lab intro days...although, I'm finally advanced enough in my undergrad where I don't have to watch the lame safety video before every lab! WOOHOO!).

I don't blame you one bit for not going back to work! I know what a lot of law school lecture halls look like...although, I have only seen Gonzaga's (where I'll be going when I'm done with my undergrad)...but still...those seats can't be that comfortable after an abdominal hyst.! You are very courageous! Take it easy and don't over do it...keep resting!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register