hello! I'm new here! Feeling sick since hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hello! I'm new here! Feeling sick since hysterectomy hello! I'm new here! Feeling sick since hysterectomy

Unread 02-24-2014, 02:27 PM
hello! I'm new here! Feeling sick since hysterectomy

Hello I'm tanja im 37 years old sorry bout my English I'm German I don't spell everything right, I had the full hysterectomy done Jan . 28th. 2014 and stayed in the hospital for 3 days. Got home was okay for 3 days then I just really could not use the bathroom at all, my tummy was huge it had swollen up like I was 14 month proponent. So I finely went to the Dr the er what had happen is my bowl had moved and placed it's self in the place of where stuff from the hysterectomy was removed and started healing there so then next day after I was atmited they had to do emergency surgery to replace it. Thenafter 5 days in the hhospital I got home and things started getting better. But today is the 24th.feb.2014 so almost 4 weeks after I have a few things that are different every other day when I wake up I just feel super sick and I just don't know why, is anyone ales feel the same? I'm tired a lot as well. I do have some yellow brown discharge and just really light blood. I'm on the lowest doze of hormone meds I did start them right after surgery. Pls let me know if anyone ales feels like this or em I the only one?! I do have some pain round my belly button where they did make an insition but I belive that's the scare tissue building. Thank you for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Re: hello! I'm new here!

I also wake up to extreme nausea and it's something i will talk to my doctor about Wednesday. I originally thought it was the pain meds but I have been slowly weaning myself off them. Sorry you had such a rough time that you needed a second surgery. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery
Unread 02-24-2014, 03:16 PM

Yea I been waking up that way every other day like this morning I was super sick feeling I do not know why but like I said it's not everyday or every morning. I just hope it will stop bc I just wanna feel normal again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2014, 03:28 PM

Mine usually subside once I've eaten breakfast. So I was thinking hypoglycemia since it happens during the day sometimes too.
Unread 02-24-2014, 03:39 PM

I also get sick feeling after I eat and eating way less since surgery. Also at times my stomach just gets to really hurting but I do feel sick a lot. If u would let me know what your dr says. I have a Dr appt tomorrow as well. But not with my obgyn it's my regular dr but she should know something as well I just want an awnser
Unread 03-08-2014, 05:09 PM

my surgeon referred me to my primary doctor. He thinks my nausea may be do to an ulcer so he put me on medication to see if it helps. It does seem to be a bit better but has not gone away. I have another follow up at the end of march
Unread 03-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Re: hello! I'm new here! Feeling sick since hysterectomy

Mine is do to thyroid is acting up now they r running more tests
Unread 03-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Re: hello! I'm new here! Feeling sick since hysterectomy

Oh my gosh...thanks for sharing I am 4 months post partial hysterectomy. I have had random fatigue...like a shot of benadryl....nausea and dizziness after a BM. I have had blood work which showed thyroid and hormone levels are normal. It makes you feel depressed and and alone. I have an appt Apr 7 and hope for answers;( please let me know how you are feeling and thanks for Sharing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register