Dumbfounded here re: boss??!!?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbfounded here re: boss??!!?? Dumbfounded here re: boss??!!??

Unread 11-05-2003, 08:33 AM
Dumbfounded here re: boss??!!??

I told my boss whose a female, that the percocet the doc gave me for my pain isn't helping.....plus is keeping me up at night. She said I lived w/the pain this long, and said I should just wait 'til my surgery Monday and not ask the doc for any pain meds til then. I need feedback please regarding what all of you think?? It through me for a loop when she said that. She said she thinks that "apprehension" is what's making my pain worse. Ok......what do you all think??!??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2003, 08:53 AM

I say......dont talk to your boss about it anymore...LOL. Call your doctors office on the phone and ask them what they think or can do for you.

Just because your boss is a female doesnt mean shes sensitive. Kinda like they say "Theyre a member of the club but not a participant."
Unread 11-05-2003, 09:28 AM

I agree, call the Dr. only he/she and you can decide what is best. Maybe he/she can give you something to sleep...mine did for the week before surgery.

I do agree (slightly) with your boss on one point...it could be the apprehension that makes it worse. In my case I lived with huge fibroids for at least 5 years, unaware of them, I pushed the pain and heavy bleeding to the back of my mind and went on with my life. As soon as i found out what was wrong it was like an "ok" to feel crappy and from that point on I did.

So don't suffer, I did and it's not necessary...call your Dr. Like I said I got something to sleep and also something for nerves.

Best wishes and good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2003, 08:21 AM

Today is my last day at work......due to the excessive pain I'm having. Doc doesn't want the tumor to rupture cos that'd be more time I'd have to wait to have surgery. I want it done Monday so I'm not taking any chances!! Wish me luck.
Unread 11-06-2003, 09:07 AM

I agree - talk with your Dr.

My own boss(es) are about as sensitive as stones, even asking couldn't I put it off until next YEAR!!! At any rate, now that I only have 1 week to train everyone to do my job, they are scrambling to spread out the duties and "what are we going to do?" Then there was the comment yesterday about well, hopefully, we'll find out that we can't live without you. My reply: My FMLA papers are already signed. You don't have a choice.

Tick, Tick, Tick.....going for pretests today! - everything is going smoothly....

Your boss nor anyone else can tell you the level of pain you are having or what you should do about it. If you are in pain, it is not in your head - you are having surgery for a reason. Your Dr. should be able to help you until you get there....

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register