Please someone if you can help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please someone if you can help Please someone if you can help

Unread 09-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Please someone if you can help

It's me again ladies. Just wanted to check in with everyone. I haven't posted anything in a while and I have a question for whomever can help. I have been experiencing some problems with my urine. What happens is that once I pass my urine, right when my bladder is just about empty I get this very discomforting pain in my groin and lower abdomen area. I've been back and forth to the drs to have my urine tested and everything is okay, just a trace of bacteria. I am able to work although the pain is getting to the point where I may need some pain medication to help. I'm doing my best not to worry, but being uncertain about what's going on is getting to me a little. I've been experiencing some difficulties with this surgery, but I in no way regret having it done. If anyone has experience this I would appreciate you sharing your experience with me. I thank you all for being there and GOD bless you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2005, 02:53 PM

Hello.
I'm sorry to hear that you are not doing well with this pain.
What type of surgery did you have? Did you have any radiation?
I had uterine cancer and it was uncomfortable peeing after the surgery for a while. The radiation was a little difficult too. I'm done with the radiation now, but I do occassionally have some discomfort when I pee. You touched on the important thing though- definitely want to make sure that your doc is aware and that you don't have a urinary tract infection.
Take care.
millie
Unread 09-30-2005, 06:48 AM
Type of surgery

I had a supracervical hysterectomy performed back on July 29th. I spoke to my dr who performed the surgery and she is trying me on some medication that hopefully will resolve this issue. I'm praying that everything will go well with the medication. I cannot remember the name of the medication, but she states it will turn my urine orange. I'm really not looking forward to any type of additional surgery. Thanks for the reply. GOD bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2005, 06:57 AM

lady42,

I'm sorry that you are already having problems! It's important that you continue to have an open line of communication with your doc's office. The medicine that you are talking about (that turns your urine orange) is used a lot in conjunction with anti-biotics when a patient has a UTI or Bladder infection. It is used to resolve the discomfort. I can't remember the name of it either - but have had to use it a few times . Thing to remember - that orange color will stain! Sooo - I wouldn't wear your Saturday panties! lol

Best of luck to you!

s
Cortney
Unread 09-30-2005, 01:23 PM

The name of the medicine you are talking about is called Pyridium, most likely. It most definitely does stain! Not just your panties either, it can stain your toilet. There is also an otc medicine called Azo that does the same thing that Pyridium does. If you find yourself urinating more than 8-10 times a day, or getting up more than twice a night to urinate, or the Pyridium doesn't help you, I would consider seeing a urologist and discussing the possibility with them that you may have Interstitial Cystitis (IC). Hope you feel better. Also, the pain that you are feeling could be bladder spasms, and you may want to ask about medication to help with that.
Unread 09-30-2005, 01:44 PM

lady 42 -

I have experienced the pain that your describing. I had to come home from the castle with "Mr. Foley" and 1 week after surgery he got to pack his "bags" and leave. I was prescribed Pyridium while I had "Mr. Foley" in residence. It seemed to help somewhat.

Then the doc gave me Detrol LA. It's a once a day pill that doesn't change the color of your urine. At first, I didn't think that it helped AT ALL. The pain that I experienced at the end of urination made me bite down on a towel...but now that I've been taking it for a little over a week I'm starting to like it A LOT!!!!!!! I no longer have that intense pain at the end of urination, no bladder spasms & constant urges to urinate either. So...try the Pyridium first & if after that prescription runs out your still having problems ask about Detrol LA. Take care & I hope you get feeling better.
Unread 09-30-2005, 01:57 PM

Dear Lady42,
I too have been experiencing pain just as my bladder is almost empty. It is definitely uncomfortable but not excrutiating so I haven't called the doctor about it. I just figured it was part of the healing process.
Guess I better mention it when I go for checkup.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register