Digestive Problems and Breathing?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Digestive Problems and Breathing?? Digestive Problems and Breathing??

Unread 06-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Digestive Problems and Breathing??

Ok, I had my hyster on the 14th.. After surgery I had no huge complications and was sent home 3 days later.. I come home and other than pain at the insision I was fine eating normal, passing gas and normal bowel.... Until Thursday night..I got hit w/ the worse stomache pain up high that I can ever remember having... I couldnt pass gas I got no sleep that night the next day my dr told me to take gas x as directed... still not much help... Then I start having nausea and diarea... So, Im thinkin that I may have gotton a virus... I took imodium and It seemed to help. Today..I woke up not so bad, but the bloat built, I forced myself to eat something which I hadnt ate hardly anything since Thrusday night... feeling better, diarea seems to be gone and nausea is better..but still the bloat but now I have noticed Its kinda hard to breath...could the pressure from the gas cause this, does this sound normal?? I went as far as using some Primatine Mist, I didnt know what else to do and it was getting harder to breathe... It may have helped a lil but it also seems to help when I burp real good... breifly anyways... Its so hard to get hold of my dr. .. I was also wandering if It could be just anxiety?? I have been an emotional wreck since thursday because of all the added pain and throwing up and diarea that I didnt expect... Do you guys have any advise for me?? Do I just have a world of weird symptoms to expect before I feel better.... Please help!! Im feelin kinda desperate!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2006, 11:47 AM

I don't know the answers for you but I want you to call your doc again RIGHT NOW. If you don't get a quick call back, call the nurses at the castle. I don't think this is normal. I hope you feel better very soon! HUGS
Unread 06-25-2006, 12:01 PM

Try a digestive aid such as bromelain or a pineapple enzyme extract.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2006, 12:12 PM

I'd also keep a food diary, just to see if anything is setting things off. I know I had problems breathing when my gall bladder was inflamed as it caught on my diaphragm. Hope you're feeling better soon. Get to the dr!
Unread 06-25-2006, 01:06 PM

I had mine on June 5th and spent 5 days in hospital. I have never felt such pain EVER as the gas I had for 2 1/2 weeks. It literally doubled me over in half. I cried sitting in the bathroom trying everything to just get gas out. It doesn't just leave for some reason! I also experienced and continue to have alot of nausea and have lost 11 pounds so far. I don't have trouble with breathing though. You should def. call and check that out. The rest sounds much like what Im coping with. Tomorrow marks 3 weeks to the day of surgery and I am still far from feeling normal. Hope you feel better soon. I completely relate. Good luck.
Unread 06-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Wind

Hello
I had hysterectomy 12/6/2006 and suffered with very bad wind I am still suffering to a lesser degree. It was explained to me that this happens because during abdominal surgery your bladder and intestines are moved around.
I am concerned about the breathing problems please see a Doctor or visit your Emergency Services at the Hospital.
Take care of yourself
Chris

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register