Tiring very easily. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tiring very easily. Tiring very easily.

Unread 02-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Tiring very easily.

I feel great. I'm pain free. I'm wearing normal clothes. I'm doing stuff. I know I'm only ten days out, but I'm gonna go insane if I spend another minute in bed.
Is anyone else tiring very easily? I've been up three hours today. No pain medicine. After being up this long my body feels like it could lie down for three days.

How long does this last? It's the final hurdle I have to get over.

I had great plans to get dressed and go shopping today. My body has told me otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Re: Tiring very easily.

Yes, the deep fatigue is quite normal and, sorry, may persist for quite a while.... at just past 7 weeks, with an almost perfect recovery, I still have periods when I'm so tired that turning a page requires actual thought and effort.
Listen to your body- I know you're restless as can be but you still have a lot of healing to do and this fatigue is your body's way of telling you "Hey, still closed for repairs here!".....a smooth, relatively painless recovery is a great blessing but smooth does not mean instant.
Try to parse out your activities- if you venture out one day, plan to stay in the next. Plan your errands so that you're not doing too many in one day- especially this: if you go to the grocery store, make that your *only* task of the day and ask them to bag up the refrigerated foods together so they can be put away easily and the dry goods left to put away after you've rested a bit.

It does get better, you will regain a normal degree of energy and stamina but for now, all your energy is going right where it's needed- in healing your body.
Unread 02-02-2013, 10:46 AM

I'm ahead of the curve, I just want the curve to go away. Officially by doctors orders he wanted me in bed only getting up for 45 minutes a day until he sees me next week.
I'm not bleeding. My wounds outside healed. I'm in minimal pain. That makes me want to do stuff. I can wear jeans, I can even go out to dinner one one of my good days. Yesterday I was super woman. Yesterday I even drove up the road and back.
I Am able to go for about three hours,this is up from two. As soon as that hits though,I'm weak as a limp noodle. I know its my body telling me to stop and rest.
I hit the takeout wall Thursday. I'm able to cook simple meals now.
I've been fortunate, my husband and I both work from home, he takes care. Of my every need. My daughter has moved out and my som is seventeen so i have no children who need me. I'm not used to being dependent on my husband. He's a saint, he's letting me figure things out on my own instead of making me do everything my doctor said. I feel like I've failed and am weak when I have to stop and rest for hours at a time. I feel like since my recovery has been very lucky, I have to cross this last hurdle.
I've also cut down on caffeine. My doctor said no carbonated drinks until my checkup. I'm not even able to finish a pot of coffee. I drink five Gatorades, a ton of water and cran grape juice in my three coke a day habits place.
I had also sworn to quit taking my Percocet. That lasted the said three hours before I grabbed one.
Last night for the first time ever I woke up at two am wide awake as well. If I'm so tired,that just seems like a kick in the shin. I was back asleep by four.
I see my bed,and I'm guessing I'm back in it. It's hard though, if I can do this,why can't I do more.
The upside is I have saved a pile of money. I haven't been able to go anywhere and spend it.

We had planned a trip six weeks out for New Orleans. That's my motivation to get up and go on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2013, 10:53 AM

That trip to New Orleans needs to be your motivation to settle down to the business of healing!
You're not failing at *anything*, you're obviously doing brilliantly but you just had major surgery and you are, alas, trapped in a human body- one that needs pampering, rest and to be allowed a degree of utter slothfullness right now.
You HAVE been lucky in such an uneventful recovery but don't push that luck!
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:26 AM

To add to it all. As soon as I take a pain pill, I start to feel like superwoman when it kicks in. That's why I swore I wouldn't take one today.
I am taking it easy today I have so far resisted hitting up the bed,but I'm not going anywhere.
My husband said this isn't a game to win and I see it as that.
Before all of this, I was just about to expand my business into machine embroidery and monogramming.I've tried to make stuff,but I don't have that energy yet. Fortunately, I have several books to read up on it.
Now,heres to hoping that there are good movies on today.
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:34 AM

Uhm.... I have to ask.... if you're "pain free", why the pain pills?
I suspect that what you really mean is "Pain is easily managed with medication".
I know I must sound horribly bossy and maybe even another word that starts with B but it's so obvious that you want to be the heroic rarity that's able to go back to "full throttle" right away and I'm worried that you're telling yourself some little lies along the way... little lies that could delay your full recovery.
Please, please, stop pushing yourself, mentally and physically.
Use the time to do the reading for your next business step and do some brainstorming for marketing strategy and tools- keeping your mind busy will help and it will be time productively spent.
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:50 AM

This pain pill was for pushing myself to the limits today. I got so tired I wanted to pass out. I tell myself I'm pain free. If I tell myself I'm pain free, that makes it easier to do stuff. I always have a nagging pain where my right ovary was. This isn't a new pain,it's just a more intense pain than it was Pre surgery.
I just feel so weak lying around in bed. In my head I think people will think I'm lazy if I'm in bed all day every day.
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:54 AM

Who cares what others think?
Others are not in your skin and others did not have major surgery less than two weeks ago.
Others can go sit on a tack and wait for you to heal!
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:31 PM

True enough.
It's no one in my family who thinks that. They are all begging me to go rest more. Im very headstrong and all rhey can do is tell me, i have to figure it out myself. It's more me thinking if someone saw me lying around they would think I'm lazy.
It would be so much easier to rest if I felt worse. Even lying down for the past hour shows me rest is what I need.
My head hasn't quite wrapped around the whole major surgery thing yet.
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:40 PM

I agree with Delia 100%. You are risking a good, safe, slow recovery for a little pleasure. Be selfish in another way .. Pamper yourself with the gift of time to heal, relax, recover and slow down. It's not a gift we are given often.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register