Whoops!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Whoops!?

We were bad. I only seen 1 doc for 15 min, so I was not given a lot of do's & dont's, but from what I have been reading this 1 sounds like a big don't . But since the surgery my" drive"has been in overdrive, if you get my drift & its only been 10 days since my surgery. We were real careful but now we are a little worried. Any one else have this problem or any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Re: Whoops!?

The norm is 6- 8 weeks before Intercourse e.g NOTHING in the Vagina.
I would speak to your Doctor and ask him about it if you are worried.

I was given a list of what to expect after Surgery what I can and can't do, I am surprised you where not given more Information.
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:11 PM

What do you mean by real careful? Like no penetration? Or used a condom? Or kind of gentle? The post op instructions are almost always six weeks of full pelvic rest meaning, nothing in the vagina some doctors say ok to clitoral stimulation and then you can orgasm without risking infection. If you had any sort of penetration....call your doctor! It's important, because the stitches can tear. And you can get a bad infection, and be very ill!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2013, 07:29 PM

I had real poor treatment at the hosp I had to get the patient advocate involved &spent my 2 days in the hosp on the phone trying to get a doctor to visit me. Once one came in the sent me home.
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:32 PM

Kind of gentle
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:44 PM

Hi tabbytoo, the general rule is no sex ( nothing in the vagina ) until you are released by your doctor. As the other sisters have mentioned, give your doctor a call. Explain what happened and see what he says. If there was penetration, you need to be checked to make sure there is no infection or damage to your vaginal cuff.

Don't be embarrassed to talk to your doctor. You are not the first person that has done this and there's nothing that you can tell him that he probably hasn't heard before. It is important that you let him know, because if there was damage you'd want to find out sooner than later so that it could be taken care of.

Here's an article explaining the importance of waiting to have sex

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_121468.htm

Please keep us posted

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM

Thank you for link. I am completely ignorant when it comes to any of this & I can't view any of the post op info on my tablet. My surgery was a rushed mess, no info going in & no info coming out, I'm not scheduled to see the doc till wed. Now I'm even more worried & full of regret. Hope I'll be ok
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:29 PM

I am sorry about your poor treatment in the Hospital.
I can not understand why no one explained to you what to expect from the OP and after.

I would make an appointment for Monday and NOT wait until wed. this is important.

When you see your Doctor ask him/her what you can and can't do, they need to let you know.
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:52 PM

It's your surgeons responsibility to explain that, not the hospital (FYI)
Definately get checked out!
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Whoops!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbytoo View Post
Thank you for link. I am completely ignorant when it comes to any of this & I can't view any of the post op info on my tablet. My surgery was a rushed mess, no info going in & no info coming out, I'm not scheduled to see the doc till wed. Now I'm even more worried & full of regret. Hope I'll be ok
((Big Hugs)) sweetie. I wish that none of this would have been a "rushed mess" for you. If you have bleeding and it's enough to soak a pad an hour ( not saying that this will happen but it's a possibility) get seen. Keep an eye out for increases pain or fever. Keep in mind these are all possibilities not definites.

You want to use this as a learning experience and not let it happen again until you are cleared. I truly understand the heightened libido. It just about drove me crazy during recovery. Actually, it's still does, but your health is more important than the momentary pleasure.

As for post op instructions, your doctor can tell you best. Hold him to task to do so. In the meantime you want to limit lifting, bending, pulling and pushing. drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest, and walk a little and of course no sex until you are cleared, which is usually a minimum of six weeks.

Try not to beat yourself up about this. It's done you can't go back, use this as a learning experience and just go forward and don't put yourself in the position where it could happen again.

((HUGS))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register