I'm ticked at my doctor . . . | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm ticked at my doctor . . . I'm ticked at my doctor . . .

Unread 06-10-2004, 07:57 AM
I'm ticked at my doctor . . .

Hi to all,

It seems like all I do is complain on the hystersister site. I'm really not like that in the real world. I guess I just come to this site to get all my frustrations out.

Anyway, this past Sunday and Monday I started to bleed like it was going out of style. By Tuesday I was bleeding like I never have before. I was completely soaking a pad every 1/2 hour. I called my doctor twice and wasn't able to get through the receptionist to the doc. Finally, it started to slow down to what used to be (in the good old days) a regular heavy period day. The doc finally called me back Wednesday at 5:30! I told him that I was very close to just meeting him in the ER room and getting this over with. He told me there was no way, No way, NO WAY (his words) that we could do this any earlier. Jeez, I'm practically bleeding to death here and I feel like they just don't care. It's all just a business to the doc, insurance, hospital, everyone it seems.

Thanks for listening everyone. I feel terrible complaining all the time, but it does help to get it all out in writing.

11 more days and counting . . .

Ann Marie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2004, 08:09 AM

Hi
I had a simular situation..I even called my doctor Mr. Bean through tears in his office! I was sooo upset. I must admit however I did appologise to him for that because he only made me wait becuase he wanted to have all the test results and give me the best care. At the time though I just wanted it OUT yesterday. hang in there sister I know it's hard when you feel like crap and have the mess and all. I was bleeding so bad I had my mom get me granny panties (depends) to wear until my day of becoming a princess finally arrived.
Best wishes coming your way.
Unread 06-10-2004, 09:05 AM
me too

i had a similar occurrence. soaking through the biggest tampons i could find and the pad every 20 minutes through an entire 24 hours.

i had just gotten insurance and hadn't been able to get into my gyn yet (Women to Women, they rock!). they suggested i had better get to the ER. i was freaked out!!!

i had to wait for 5hours then the doctor basically told me i was having a heavy period. did blood and urine tests, did NOT do the ultrasound he had told me they were going to do (had to remove all hygeine products and bleed on myself until he came back and told me they weren't doing it). i WAS anemic, go figure, so he prescribed iron pills and told me to keep on taking the bc pills i was on. when i brought up the rodent sized blood clots he said "blood clotting is good. it means you're healthy." what an ***.

i was so worried, after that, that no one was going to help me/take me seriously. DF was furious with the doc and reassured me that SOMEONE would help me.

went in to my gyno the next week. she did a pelvic and when blood puddled on to the floor as she did it she said, "this is not right and we're going to take care of it." i'll never forget it.

FINALLY, after over a year of doctors just changing my pills, to have someone agree that something was really wrong. just THAT and i felt so much better and decided this is my last new gyno. i'm sticking with her. she's been great.

the fact that she is the surgeon is reassuring to me.

i guess the lesson is that there are plenty of good doctors and plenty of bad doctors. you have to find one you trust.

your doctor probably can't do the surgery before the date the insurance company has precertified for except for whatever qualifies to the insurance company as an emergency. if you liked him before i wouldn't let this send you running.

i don't like that his ofice didn't let you talk to a nurse or that he didn't call sooner, i must admit.

peace and good health are waiting for us.

hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2004, 09:54 AM

I know exactly how you feel, I had 4 days of really, and I mean really heavy bleeding with very large, and painful clots, the cramps were unbelievable, I rang my doctor and the receptionist said can't you get to the surgery. No I said 'cause I am bleeding so heavy and passing large blood clots very regularly. So she umed and arhed and said I shall ask the doctor to ring you but he will probably ask you to come to the surgery. Anyway, about an hour later he rang and asked all sorts of question like how heavy was it and about the clots. He eventally gave me a persciption, which he faxed to the chemist, for me for some tablets which should help.There was no reasurance or anything from him, I was scared that something really bad was happening. He said if things were not better by monday, two days later then to come to the surgery. Luckily during Sunday the bleeding and clots did subside quite considerably but I wasn't really rid of them until Tuesday.

I know they have a lot of patients to look after but I don't make a habit of ringing the surgery, a little bit more explanation and reasurance that everything was OK from him would not have gone amiss. They don't seem to see us as human beings but a piece of machinery that is not quite working properly, but will be fixed. They don't even understand that we are scared of the 'being fixed' bit either. Are they human or robots.

Jan x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register