shave? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:27 PM
shave?

I am having a LAVH in the morning should I go ahead and shave down there? Sorry I know this is silly but the less time they spend in that area to me the better.LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 12:38 PM
shave?

In my pre-op assessment appointment, I was directed not to shave. Prior to going into surgery, a very sensitive and respectful nurse clipped 'all visible hair'. My guess is that they don't want accidental cuts from us shaving ourselves and therefore having 'wounds' that may be susceptible to infection.
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:43 PM
shave?

same here.....I guess they want to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 12:47 PM
I was wondering the same thing!!!

Oh my gosh. I kid you not, I just logged in to ask the same exact thing.

I feel silly asking, but I would rather ask you ladies before I see my male gynecologist for my pre-op on Tuesday. (Yeah, I know he's a doctor, and I'm not too shy, but still.)

So, I'm glad you asked, Danell. And thanks for answering, Chinook.
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:52 PM
shave?

Thanks for the quick replys. I guess I'll let them. Ya know besides the fear of having surgery itself knowing I will be laying there knocked out with all those peeps looking at me just adds to my anxiety!!! I guess I am alittle modest.
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:02 PM
shave?

DEFINATELY do not shave unless they tell you to (which they most likely won't do anyway). Though I don't know personally, I remember reading on this board that someone had their surgery cancelled because she shaved without her doctor's knowledge. The main reason they want to do it is because of infection. They have a safe way to do it, and it is best to leave it in their hands. May as well get your moneys worth!
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:07 PM
shave?

Wow, I too was just wondering the same thing. Very curiouser and curiouser. He He. I agree get your moneys worth. That is a great way to think of all the people waiting on you. Thanks for asking an important question.
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:51 PM
shave?

Hi, My Doc said no shaving at all! They won't be doing it either. Said it's just not necessary; they don't shave when giving birth anymore either! I found that a great relief.
Unread 01-08-2006, 04:09 PM
shave?

do not do it. might would cancel your surgery. It has to do with the possibility of infection. They did not have to shave me at all.
Unread 01-08-2006, 04:15 PM
shave?

To add varying practices on this issue...I normally shave anyway but read that you should not shave pre-hysterectomy. I let it grow back and then the nurse shaved me anyway! I would just let them do it if they need to instead of doing it for them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register