Pre op appointment question???Help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre op appointment question???Help Pre op appointment question???Help

Unread 12-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Pre op appointment question???Help

After doing "ALOT" of reading on this site I'm kinda concerned about how early my pre-op appointmnt is to my schedualed surgery ....
My pre-op is the 13th but my surgery isn't till the 31st...

Dose anyone think this is to far apart??? i do know that when they we're schedualed they mentioned that I was well with in the time frame before my consent forms etc would not be valid...
Just nerveous, scared ,confussed........I geuss I will get my awnsers onthe 13th but would love any opinions on the matter or words of wisdom from anyone!!!
Everyone here is so comforting, but I will agree the waiting and the unknown is very sressful...
Thanks
D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 08:17 AM

Hi D,
You will be fine, the dr probably wanted to get your blood drawn before the holidays, when you goin the day of your appointment,you will sign your final paperwork. don't worry all the t's will be crossed and your i's will be dotted...
They will make sure of that! LOL.

Plus you will have a lot more time to think of questions for the day of surgery...
Unread 12-06-2007, 08:51 AM

My pre-op appointment was about a week before surgery and I've read here that some members have had pre-op appointments about a month before.

Since my appointment was a week before, I did have to go in and have my bloodwork done the day before surgery. It may just be my hospital but it was their policy that the bloodwork be as current as possible and they didn't want to do it at my appointment. It wasn't a problem for me though.

I hope everything goes well! Hang in there!

s Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:42 AM

my doctor office said it had to be 2-10 days before, but I am sure every place is different. just go with what they told you and you will be good to go. take care

Deb
lsh 12/20/2007
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:24 PM

Well I am not having a pre op appointment before my surgery, I went to see the doctor in Oct and we set up my surgrey date and I have been waiting for this day to come forever now! I am just going to the hospital at 5:30 am on the morning of my surgery and having all the pre op done then and my surgery is set for 7: 30am
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:47 PM

I have my 'Consent Appointment" to sign the sucks if I die paperwork, but I have no idea if I have to go get blood etc. I asked if I needed a chest x-ray etc. She said no. I said, even with Asthma? She said no, but I am going to ask the surgeon (She is the resident) that sounds weird to me. I'm not sure what else I have to do. I am assuming they will tell me at my appointment which is the 11th. My syrgery date is Jan 2nd.
Unread 12-06-2007, 03:43 PM

I had my pre=op about 13 days before and got my bloodwork,consent forms and my question answered.
Unread 12-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Pre ops can vary, I guess

My pre-op with the hospital is on Tuesday the 10th, and then I have a consult with my surgeon on Thursday the 13th. My surgery is scheduled for the 17th.

The hospital said the appointment on Tuesday was to get a chest xray and blood. I had the same thing done when I had my out patient surgery for my tubal ligation. Thursday's appointment is to explain the procedure in detail, let me know what to expect and then answer any questions I have.

This will be the first time I've ever had to stay all night in a hospital, other than when I was a small child. I'm freaking myself out here
Unread 12-06-2007, 04:38 PM

I will go and get my blood work done on the 10th and then I wont see Doc until day of surgery so other than my original appt when we discussed my options and she did my uterine biopsy that was it......just sit and wait..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register