2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy, underestimated recovery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy, underestimated recovery 2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy, underestimated recovery

Unread 09-19-2014, 09:28 PM
2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy, underestimated recovery

I had a daVinci total hysterectomy on Sept 2nd, removed tubes, cervix, and part of vagina too. It was harder and much longer than we expected and I was also sent home with a catheter. I was supposed to have the catheter removed this week but my doctor decided to extend it to three weeks instead. I expected recovery to be fairly easy but so far it's been pretty rough. Mostly right now I'm feeling a little sorry for myself and trying not to complain to my husband anymore...he's been so great this whole time he deserves a rest from it

Anyway, the last couple of days I've been having a lot of pain and I can't tell if it's vaginal or from the catheter. It's a burning/stabbing pain inside and not even the vicodin is helping right now. Just moving my legs about makes me cry right now. I have no idea if this is normal and I can't find a lot of info about having a catheter for this long after surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2014, 06:15 AM
Re: 2 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy, underestimated recovery

Please let your doctor know about the pain you're in. Pain this severe at 2 and a half weeks is not normal and I'm wondering if you have a UTI. You definitely need this looked into.

Hopefully your surgeon has someone on call for him during the weekend. If you can't reach anyone through his office, go to urgent care or to the ER.

Recovery can really be difficult. I'm sorry you need a catheter for so long. Hang in there sweetie one day this will all be a distant memory! Please let us know what the doctor says.

Article: Catheter After Hyster

Unread 09-20-2014, 10:28 AM

Thanks The pain meds finally started to help last night and I'm feeling a little better today. UTI was my first thought but I had been on antibiotics since the surgery as a precaution because of the catheter. I'm not even entirely sure where the pain is coming from at this point since a different spot seems to be sore each day. I have an appointment on Monday to get my catheter out (hopefully for good). In the meantime all I can think to do is watch the catheter bag for changes and go to the ER if absolutely necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2014, 10:37 AM

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better! Yes, watch and see. If you are having burning and pain from the urethra, your antibiotic may need to be changed.

Hope your catheter comes out for always on Monday!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register