Who has the Swelly Belly Band? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who has the Swelly Belly Band? Who has the Swelly Belly Band?

Unread 09-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Who has the Swelly Belly Band?

HI Girls,

I had a TAH on 9/12 so Im almost 3 weeks post op now. I was provided with a wide abdominal binder in the hospital immediately after the surgery. It is about 15inches wide and does offer support to my tummy. I wear it pretty much during my active part of the day and sleep without it each night. Im just starting to have a little bit of itching although my incision has healed very well. Can anyone comment if the Swelly Belly Band offered on this site is better, more comfortable, does the cooling thing really work? comments so I know if I should order it or just keep with what I have. Also I bought some support undies. Any comment on when you can start to wear them? Thus far I have stayed in the white, cotton granny panties.

Cant wait to hear as I love this site and value all of the support and feedback it gives.

Hugs,
Anita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2005, 09:45 AM

I woke up with the wide abdominal binder in the hospital. It was good the first few days but most uncomfortable because it was too wide. At my doctor's suggestion I bougth the control panel panties and used them when I got home. I must admit it was difficult getting them on, the laying in bed position was the easiest, but I found them most comfortable and helpful. I wore them day and night during my six week recuperation and for about the first month after I returned to work. They really provided the support for my stomach and kept swelly belly to a minimum. I thank my doc for the suggestion. It worked for me.
Unread 09-30-2005, 02:42 PM

The swelly belly band is the most popular item for sale in the HysterSisters store. We send out many each day to our members and visitors.

The cold, snug band is excellent for the itching and incision tenderness. It can be kept in the freezer to keep it extra cold. We even have women who purchase two. One for the freezer and one for wearing....switching as they need. Women who spend time on their feet, working during the day, find it helpful even when they go back to work.

Its a good thing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register