Sex issues 10 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex issues 10 weeks post-op Sex issues 10 weeks post-op

Unread 02-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Sex issues 10 weeks post-op

As you may read @ my 6 weeks checkup, I had sex when I was cleared. It turned into a nightmare with my stomach cramping, bleeding, etc. Called my dr who told me I wasn't ready and told me to try again in 2 weeks. So I waited two weeks. The first two times after that, I was very careful and cautious, didnt get rambunctious at all. Just had a bit of spotting after.

Saturday night, basically was that same kind of sex. Everything seemed ok, so decided to shoot for Sundsay morning as well. I guess we got rambunctious with it (even tho while it was happening there was no pain) cause when I went to the bathroom, there was blood (more than spotting) and my tummy had that crampy feeling again (tho not as intense as the first time)

Since then the bleeding has subsided and the pain in my abdomen has turned from crampy to tender, like before. So apparently I need to give it another 2 weeks to recuperate.

I guess my question is how long did it take before you could have rambunctious sex again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 02:34 PM

I'm at 13 wks post op today and still take it very easy and don't have as you say "rambunctious" sex. I think you really need to listen carefully to what your body is telling you and back off a little. If you continue to spot or bleed afterwards, I would call your doctor. It may be a vaginal cuff issue. You can do a search in this particular forum and find a whole bunch of responses from ladies who have experienced what you have.

Remember, you didn't have surgery all that long ago...so pamper yourself by giving your body time to heal properly.
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:35 AM

Trish gave you some good advice. I didn't have sex until a couple of months after my TAH. My husband and I had to be very careful the first time because it was painful. We proceeded very slowly, but once the pain subsided it was pretty darn good. We discovered my new body together and that made the experience so much deeper. We were somewhat rambunctious (that's a great term) but still careful. I think if we had gone all out that first time I would have suffered for it and my husband would have felt bad. Remember that your body has been through trauma with the surgery and is still recovering, especially internally. You may just have to wait a good while before you're completely cleared for takeoff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 06:48 AM

Thank you both for your responses.

For me its hard not to get into the thros of the moment. I have to make a conscience effect not too, which of course kinda puts a damper on things.

I am 95% better today. No more spotting and the tender abdomen is all but gone.

Perhap if I dont engage in certain positions it will help. I dont want sex to be a chore or something you have to completely think about, kinda takes all the fun out of it....ya know.
Unread 02-19-2008, 09:04 AM

I have come to realize since my surgery, that sex is SOOO in the mind. I think if you relax things will get better. Glad to hesr that they are already. Take it easy. Don"t get too rambunctious too soon . all of us are different. I am about 10 weeks post op and I still try to take it easy. but I am enjoying the journey. discovering my new body.
Unread 02-19-2008, 04:48 PM

Just the fact that you want to have sex is great - I'm six months out and sex is the LAST thing on my mind. My husband and I have only had sex twice in six months and we are NOT that old!!! I just have no desire whatsoever. Told the doctor and he said just give it time. My hormones are working. Sigh....

I hope things work out for you quickly. Please be careful, your body has been through so much lately and it just needs time to heal properly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register