post-op & sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post-op & sex post-op & sex

Unread 12-17-2009, 06:46 AM
post-op & sex

I'm not sure if anyone on here will be able to answer my question. But I thought I would post anyways just in case. I don't mean to make anyone uncomfortable with my questions, but I was hoping that maybe there is someone out there who has had a similar experiance.

My questions is about when I have sex with my girlfriend again and if there is anything that I should do to ease into it? I had the Da Vinci hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. When we have sex I usually penetrate my girlfriend with a strap-on. When I asked the doctor about this said that we should be able to be have sex in this manner now, but it seemed as if he has not been asked this before. So, I was looking for advice on this matter. He also told us that I should not be penetrated until 6 weeks after surgery, but that is not what I am trying to get advice about.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Re: post-op & sex

Well, to be honest I am not in the same position as you but I figured I would reply to say that I would imagine that your lower abdomen is still very tender and would think that it would put too much pressure in the area where your uterus was removed. I am not sure that is such a good idea just 2 weeks post op. I would think that it could cause some of the stitches to come apart. Although I dont know if you had everything removed or not but even at my 6 week appointment my doctor told me to not strain that area because it is still healing (I had a TAH but the outside incision was fully healed it is just the internal areas take a lot longer to fully heal).

I think that if the two of you are ready to try then I would go at it very slowly and if you feel any pain or discomfort then stop and wait a week to try again. It is better to wait then to do internal damage.

Good luck to you!
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:38 AM

Disclaimer- I'm totalling making this up. I've never used gadgets before.
I had a laproscopically assisted abdominal hysterectomy on November 16, 2009. I had to research what a Da Vinci hysterectomy was but it appears to be less invasive than mine. I would think that as long as you aren't being penetrated yourself, if your abdomen and back can take it for shorter sessions- go for it. If you can't, just forego the strap and/or do everything else. You might find that you are more tired than sore. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2010, 06:15 AM

Thanks for the help. It seems like the doc was right. And starting off easy is a great idea. Just like any exercise taking it easy at first and working your way to more strenuous is the way to go.
Unread 01-07-2010, 09:26 AM

Any abdominal muscles being use could be dangerous. It's too early to use those muscles. When I asked my dr about returning to ab workouts he told me to wait for at least 4 weeks. Just be careful. You don't want to hurt anything. Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register