"O" Goodness!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"O" Goodness!! "O" Goodness!!

Unread 07-18-2009, 05:03 AM
"O" Goodness!!

Hello fellow Princesses!

Glad tidings from the Princess Martini! This morning, I was having a HORRIBLE dream. I was really freaked out by this dream because I "dreamt" I was having an orgasm. Well, this woke me up, because I'm experiencing this whole fear of pain during sex or stimulation thing as I am only just over a week post-op.

Hark the Herald Angels Sing! By Golly Wally! I was in fact HAVING a Big O!! I did not notice the difference from before I had my hysterectomy!! I'm so excited. My biggest fear was that because I no longer have a uterus or cervix, that my orgasms would be weak or non-existent. Well, I'm here to tell ya...they are a-workin' just fine.

Now, I'm anxious for my six weeks to be over. I've got a soldier comin' home, and no fear of things to come (no pun intended!).

Has anyone else had this experience so soon post-op? I probably should call the clinic to make sure it's not affecting any of my internal stitches. But, I'm kind of embarrassed to call them, because I know the first thing they will tell me is "NOTHING IN THE VAGINA FOR SIX WEEKS"...and there was nothing in my vagina...I was dreaming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Re: "O" Goodness!!

I had the same dreams - with the same results! I was afraid I hurt something in there, but this is apparently very common. I did call the nurse and she said not to worry that it's a good sign.

I just had my 4 week check and was released to resume my normal activities, including sex. Everything worked perfectly!!! I did not notice any change in the big O's. lol. It was exactly as great as it was before. I kept my cervix and my husband said that everything felt the same to him too. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. From what I've heard from other sisters, it's just the same as it was before.

Hugs,
A
Unread 07-18-2009, 06:16 AM

I have been having "dreams" for the past few days! Amazing how the mind works! Same results, and it has been an interesting phenomenon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach300 View Post
I have been having "dreams" for the past few days! Amazing how the mind works! Same results, and it has been an interesting phenomenon!
Amazing indeed. I'm just so glad to know that "it still works". (tee hee hee). I was sooooo very afraid. Imagine having a husband return from a deployment after nearly a year...then waiting 4 weeks...and then getting something that doesn't work "like it used to". I was ready to just ball up and die!
Unread 07-18-2009, 11:44 AM

Glad someone else had this dream too! This was one of my many hot flashes that woke me up. Funny thing is when I spoke to the surgeon yesterday he said I was good to go in a few days!
I think I'm gonna still hold out for a week. I just want to make sure that the incision has healed first. He said I should be fine because my recovery seems to be going really really well. But alas, I too have the feelings of is it going to work right....
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:52 AM

This is encouraging. I am two weeks out today from LAVH. I have wanted to experiment by myself to see what happens, how things feel. But I've been concerned I might cause pulling or something on the internal stiches and cause problems or increased pain. Still not sure when I will feel ok to try but this does make me feel better!
Unread 08-11-2009, 10:34 AM

This definitelly makes me feel hopeful All I have heard were scarry stories of how parts just don't work right and I love my intimate life with DH... I had a dream like that but no results....I think I woke up too soon I am still afraid of breaking something if I decide to play a bit. Thank you for the encouragement.
Unread 08-11-2009, 02:49 PM

I haven't had the dreams since myprocedure but I had them all throughout pregnancy and after being freaked out for a while, I got used to them. I tried self-stimulation (nothing in the vagina) my second week to prove all the outer stimulation would work well. I am anxious to reach my 6week post-op as well to see how things are working. I'll be at the beach...how romantic and relaxing would that be??? But...it is what it is...I hope I get dealt a great hand and can resume and everything works well.

Shawn
Unread 08-12-2009, 01:13 PM

I am hopefull now too! I had TVH w/ anterior and posterior repair and the thought of the O and the va-jay-jay contracting with it scares me! I am ready to try with "outercourse" since I am only 3 1/2 weeks post op I don't want to try intercourse yet. Guys aren't the only ones that need release!!! LOL!!
Unread 08-12-2009, 11:39 PM

I hadn't been active for quite some time prior to surgery..Once I found out my bladder was in the way and "complicating" things, my libido went on vacation..Or so it seemed.. I had numerous dreams prior that were very life like where I got to my "O".

Then now 5 weeks post op..(I had TAH removal of cervix, left me the ovaries, but a 5 lb uterus had to come out with cystoceal and rectoceal too) I started havng dreams where I couldnt "finish"..I was freaking.. Like it was a sign or something like that.

Im pretty sure it will work...Just have to find the proper partner who is deserving

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register